What's new

My experience with two replating companies.

I've had 4 razors replated by Chris at Back Roads Gold and have been delighted. His communication is faultless as is his workmanship. Plus he is an excellent photographer and I use his photos of my razors rather than my own. Best example of the service was an American Aristocrat I had sent it for gold plating. There was a missing end cap and some performance issues. Chris sent me detailed photos of what could be done to correct the problems and asked for my approval before proceeding. This is now one of my favorite razors particularly when I'm on the road.
+1 for Back Roads Gold. I've had a razor replated by Back Roads Gold and I've purchased a few razors from BRG and every one was flawless. Chris kept me in the loop and responded quickly to every one of queries.

Anyone dealt with Northshore Razors, I was thinking of using them?
I have a few times. Northshore Razors worked well for me. Scott's Gunkoting process is good for razors that deserve some care and attention even though they're "just zamak". Here's a Danish Barbett (a Matador clone), a French "Gibbs" clone that takes standard blades and which I unilaterally refer to as an "M. Peroni" due to its resemblance to the Tilted Head M. Peroni, and a French Spadson:

Attachments

• Barbett Razor, Like Matador, Gunkoted, Denmark 4.JPG
    Barbett Razor, Like Matador, Gunkoted, Denmark 4.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • Barbett Razor, Like Matador, Gunkoted, Denmark 6.JPG
    Barbett Razor, Like Matador, Gunkoted, Denmark 6.JPG
    829.8 KB · Views: 10
  • M. Peroni Razor, Like Gibbs but takes standard blades, Gunkoted, France 3.JPG
    M. Peroni Razor, Like Gibbs but takes standard blades, Gunkoted, France 3.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • M. Peroni Razor, Like Gibbs but takes standard blades, Gunkoted, France 6.JPG
    M. Peroni Razor, Like Gibbs but takes standard blades, Gunkoted, France 6.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • Spadson Razor, France, replated Gun Kote1.JPG
    Spadson Razor, France, replated Gun Kote1.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • Spadson Razor, France, replated Gun Kote4.JPG
    Spadson Razor, France, replated Gun Kote4.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Top Bottom