What's new

My experience with THE Veg

I walked out to my truck and removed the tape from the cap with great anticipation. Unscrewed the top, held the bottle up to my nose and gave it a slight squeeze to help the scent waft up to my nostrils. I was anticipating a wonderful lilac smell and a new AS in my rotation..... Instead what I got was about 5cc of Lilac Vegetal shot strait up my right nostril.

...Apparently the plastic used in these bottles is quite thin turning my slight squeeze into a mini geyser.
I was intrigued by this story again. So, I unsealed and opened a brand new bottle of the Veg. I honestly don't know how you managed to squeeze about "5cc's" out of the bottle like a "mini geyser." I tried squeezing it and the plastic bottle is extremely inflexible and very rigid. Barely anything came out.

Did you maybe have a "death grip" on the bottle instead?

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Did you maybe have a "death grip" on the bottle instead?

I don't think so. I have one of the 12oz bottles. Do they make different size bottles maybe with different thickness of plastic? I just went and checked and the plastic of my bottle is very thin and "squeezable." The plastic is much thinner than what's used in my bottle of Clubman. My wife says I have "manly" hands and I spent a lot of years swinging a hammer so maybe my normal grip could be considered a "death grip" to some, but it really don't have have to put any pressure on the sides of the bottle to get them to flex inward.

Adam

Just checked my full "Coolong" bottle, and it is definitely geyser-ready; took care not to position my snout over it, but I would say a good 6 inch fountain is possible. The key is a new, full bottle....

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed your take on "The Veg". I literally laughed out loud! Not sure that it's for me, but perhaps after too much to drink, I'll find myself ordering some online....

Thank you for sharing that story!
While I've never shot the Veg up my nose, I do make sure I apply heavily on my upper lip so I can smell the sweet scent longer.
As a side note, I have applied a heavily mentholated AS a little too vigorously. I was in a rush, got too careless, and ended up splashing some into my eye. While I like a good AS burn, I don't appreciate it as much when it's in my eyes! There's nothing funnier than watching a well shaved man staggering blindly around the house while uncontrollably crying... at least according to my kids.

Getting Lilac Veg up my nose would be a nightmare, because when I tested it years ago, the scent was definitely cat pee.

The Veg is a personal thing between the bottle and it's owner.

I think you have to be a fan of Clubman to like Lilac Vegetal. I picked it up recently to complete my collection of all the scents. I know most of us are very familiar with original Clubman and Virgin Island Bay Rum, but I also recommend Musk and Citrus Musk. The Lime Sec is pretty good, too. Special Reserve is constantly open for debate here, but I enjoy that, also.

I've never been a fan of lilacs so I was certain The Veg wouldn't be my favorite. So far, I've only applied it when shaving at night before spending the rest of the evening in front of the TV. It's actually quite pleasant during the dry down.

The Veg evokes the smell of a barber shop even more than the original Clubman aftershave. There must be a lilac scented talc that's used in barber shops, or perhaps many use it as an aftershave.

Does anyone know if there's a difference between the the 12 oz. bottle on the left that's sold by most retailers and the 12.5 oz. bottle that states "Professional Use Only" at the top of the label on the right that I purchased from one of the barber supply sites? Apparently, it's only sold on the barber supply sites.

proxy.php

Does anyone know if there's a difference between the the 12 oz. bottle on the left that's sold by most retailers and the 12.5 oz. bottle that states "Professional Use Only" at the top of the label on the right that I purchased from one of the barber supply sites? Apparently, it's only sold on the barber supply sites.

proxy.php

There is no difference between the two, except for packaging. The formula is the same in both bottles.

Top Bottom