What's new

My Early Impressions of B&B

I'm new to this forum, but not to forums in general. I belong to several boards ranging from Linux related to blogging. trucking, and cooking.

One thing many forums have in common is that there always seems to be a certain percentage of people who simply do not know how to get along with others. There are often rude, nasty, hateful people in nearly every forum I have visited.

So far, B&B seems to be truly different in this respect. I've been doing a good amount of reading and am finding that the people here seem to be in a class all their own. Posts are freindly, polite, and respectful even if a person disagrees with someone else.

I find this to be a refreshing change from the typical forum boards where politeness and respect for others is seriously lacking. If I had to sum up this virtual community in a single word, that word would have to be classy. The users here seem to truly be ladies and gentlemen and I for one am truly impressed by this.

Mason,

I second that wholeheartedly. It is rare to find a community such as this one, where the members all seek to help each other out. I have yet to find another board like this one anywhere on the Internet.

Well, we go through our moments, but those are far between compared to other forums. I agree with your comments 100%.

Scotto said:
Well, we go through our moments, but those are far between compared to other forums. I agree with your comments 100%.
I'm glad to see my initial impressions are correct. Thanks.

You would think civility would be a natural thing, but it's not. I heartly agree with what you said and am very glad to be a member of this forum. Great bunch of folks!

Skyguy said:
You would think civility would be a natural thing, but it's not. I heartly agree with what you said and am very glad to be a member of this forum. Great bunch of folks!
Sadly in our modern age little things like civility seem to have all but disappeared, being replaced by childish, selfish behavior. Truly sad.

I guess I'm a bit old fashioned. Even though I am not quite 45 yet, I have a lot of affection for the 30s and 40s era as well as the Victorian era when gentlemen wore suits and hats when they went out in public instead of just on special occassions. People in general were more polite then.

Or maybe it's just a romantic notion of that era. Either way, I value civility and feel that's it's necessary for a society to remain, well, civilized.

It's because the board isn't filled with a bunch of l33t d00ds. I also find that many of the boards on the intarweb are a festering cesspool of dude speak and drama, but this board seems to be a safe haven from the rest of them. It's always nice when you can find a good corner of the Internet. :badger:

crispy said:
It's because the board isn't filled with a bunch of l33t d00ds. I also find that many of the boards on the intarweb are a festering cesspool of dude speak and drama, but this board seems to be a safe haven from the rest of them. It's always nice when you can find a good corner of the Internet. :badger:
Good point.

I was just discussing this with my girlfriend last night. This place is great because people can freely ask questions and offer opinons on various things. In some other forums that I visit frequently if you were to ask certain questions or post an opinion others would would tear you apart. My favorite example on this forum is that many different people can have different opinions on sents of creams and soaps and there is no problem, to each his own.

This place is fantastic.

Folie said:
I was just discussing this with my girlfriend last night. This place is great because people can freely ask questions and offer opinons on various things. In some other forums that I visit frequently if you were to ask certain questions or post an opinion others would would tear you apart. My favorite example on this forum is that many different people can have different opinions on sents of creams and soaps and there is no problem, to each his own.

This place is fantastic.
Great, isn't it?

Mason, I too belong to several boards from watches, autos, professional, etc. I think this is one of the better forums on the internet. We have an international, cross cultural good bunch of folks here.

Austin said:
Mason, I too belong to several boards from watches, autos, professional, etc. I think this is one of the better forums on the internet. We have an international, cross cultural good bunch of folks here.
I agree whole heartedly.

Top Bottom