What's new

My Den is finally done

Now that you have tried many great brushes, which ones would be your top 2?
That is a subjective topic so this is just YMMV, one thing I have discovered for me is that I do not prefer SHD knots, I like more flow thru, so with that said:

1). Morris & Forndran 26mm Finest Fan
2). Paladin 26mm, I have only used this brush twice but the knot is the closest to the Morris & Forndran knot I have found.

The Shavemac 2 band and the Elite Razor knots are great also.

I have one Simpson’s Manchurian, and it is a great knot, but I prefer the M&F and Paladin knots.

You probably have noticed that for me for a brush to be exciting to use the handle needs to be something special as well, in color and design.

That is my 2 cents worth.

Doug

P. S. If you like SHD knots I will probably be selling my BradSears 28mm Estate Arley at some point.
F240F11B-0ADB-4D90-AE70-2C6A480F4207.jpeg

That is a subjective topic so this is just YMMV, one thing I have discovered for me is that I do not prefer SHD knots, I like more flow thru, so with that said:

1). Morris & Forndran 26mm Finest Fan
2). Paladin 26mm, I have only used this brush twice but the knot is the closest to the Morris & Forndran knot I have found.

The Shavemac 2 band and the Elite Razor knots are great also.

I have one Simpson’s Manchurian, and it is a great knot, but I prefer the M&F and Paladin knots.

You probably have noticed that for me for a brush to be exciting to use the handle needs to be something special as well, in color and design.

That is my 2 cents worth.

Doug

P. S. If you like SHD knots I will probably be selling my BradSears 28mm Estate Arley at some point.View attachment 1285948
Doug,
I’m glad that you enjoy the Paladin. I was wondering how “you two” got along. To see/hear that it has earned a place in your rotation is great, and a high spot too. I wish you many fine shaves with your new Paladin.
Semper Fi,
Tim

Eben Stone

Staff member
I don't see you mention anything about blades. Have you narrowed does your choices or are you still experimenting? I've got everything under control except blades. I'm trying to narrow down my choices but it's not working. I just bought 11 more varieties.

I don't see you mention anything about blades. Have you narrowed does your choices or are you still experimenting? I've got everything under control except blades. I'm trying to narrow down my choices but it's not working. I just bought 11 more varieties.
My blades are:
Polsilver SI,
Wizamet SI,
Personna Crystal
Personna Israeli Red

These are my regulars I use the Polsilvers and the Wizamets the most

Doug

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My blades are:
Polsilver SI,
Wizamet SI,
Personna Crystal
Personna Israeli Red

These are my regulars I use the Polsilvers and the Wizamets the most

Doug
Doug,

Don't even try Gillette Silver Blue blades. Your den (and your werld!) will be rocked.

And of course, that will leave more for me!

Sincerely, Dave

I like the way you think @CJB3.
Doug “is feeling better now”, “he’s shown remarkable improvement”, “looks like he’s going to pull through.”

If I’m not mistaken @SgtCrppls was just commenting about his next brush being a Simpson.

Hmmmm…Den is complete while looking at brushes…”He may not be cured, after all.”

If you stagger those brushes to the front and back of the shelves, you could almost double the capacity of that medicine cabinet. :lol:
Good call.
Doug has a great group of brushes. But the space utilization is sub-par.
Luckily, I didn’t see any back ups, or back ups to the back ups. (B&B Brush Law #52)
So there is an opportunity to correct the space utilization issue and still only have amazing brushes in the den.
Get cracking! LOL 😂

Top Bottom