What's new

My daughter drew a picture, we turned it into a shirt (NHL!)

Tomas Tatar of the Montreal Canadiens has the coolest nickname in the NHL...TUNA!

Despite my wife growing up in Ontario and being a Toronto Maple Leafs fan, my oldest daughter chose the Montreal Canadiens to be her team when we started playing NHL20 (my youngest chose the Florida Panthers because she likes big cats and my mom lives in Florida).

I was torn between supporting my wife and Toronto and my daughter and Montreal but since we all support my wife's favorite baseball team (the Blue Jays, of course) I decided I would root for Montreal with my daugther.

As we were watching a game she was drawing and drew a cool graphic playing on Tuna Tatar's nickname.

It was so cool in fact that I sent it into a company and had shirts made for the whole family (my wife and youngest said they wanted one even if it was for a Canadiens player since my daughter drew it).

They came in today and I could not be happier with how they turned out!!

#ProudDad
#GoHabsGo

PXL_20210208_191228957.jpg

Note: The "logo" down in the lower right is my daughter's art signature. It's a moose (her favorite animal) made out of her initials M & J

He saw my post n Twitter and liked it - my daughter was so excited

That was pretty cool. It's great when our kids get involved. I was a hockey fan from the mid/late 60s until the late 90s. I even had a subscription to the weekly Hockey News until the late 90s. In the late 70s/early 80s, my 8-9 yo daughter was "in love" with Phil Esposito. We even managed to scrape up enough money to take her to a couple of Ranger games. I told her to write Phil a letter and ask for an autograph. A couple months later an 8x10 autographed photo of Phil arrived in the mail. She was thrilled. She turned 50 last year and says still has the photo & a Ranger jersey from back then. She also remembers meeting Nick Fotiu (my all-time favorite Ranger) at a mall meet & great in the early 80s. My wife took her because I was working 2 jobs at the time and couldn't take off.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I told her to write Phil a letter and ask for an autograph. A couple months later an 8x10 autographed photo of Phil arrived in the mail. She was thrilled.
1617571265863.png

Phil notices when the fans support him!

Top Bottom