What's new

My Dad gave me this .

Any intention of restoring the brush and straight for use?

Nope. They'll stay in the box. I can't be sure my GG ever actually shaved *himself* with that razor. The brush is (I believe) a neck brush for cleaning up the customers after a haircut, not a soap brush. The bristles seem far too long (and I don't think it's badger hair).

I found it interesting that the straight was made in Solingen, just like the Dovo I bought. I'm still working up to the straight, though. Currently using DE.

I met my GG two or three times, of which I remember the last time, when I was about 12. He lived from 1883 to 1971. I know that he cut my hair one time when I was about 5. I'm 54 now, and my Dad is 82.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Nice. Don't restore. Maybe wipe the blade with some baby oil or camellia oil or something every couple of months. Or petroleum jelly once every couple of years. You can pick up a comparable razor to shave with on ebay pretty cheap. Brush too. Those make a nice display just like they are and should be worth more to you as keepsakes and a display than as part of your shaving rotation.

Top Bottom