What's new

My Dad gave me these over the holidays - Gillettes? Anyone know what they are?

Hi all, and Merry Christmas. Spent some time with my 75+ father over the holidays and he was delighted to see me using a safety razor. He came back a few minutes later with these asking if they still sold them, I told him probably not, but it is kinda cool having a vintage razor. I was hoping I would be able to tell him what they are, and I know that this is the right place for that kind of info. I have taken some pictures, hopefully I can get them to load.
They both have a Gillette in a diamond stamped on the underside of the head.
The gold one is made in the USA and the silver one says Made in England
They are both TTO

$20131230_163350_resized.jpg$20131230_163410_resized.jpg$20131230_164042_resized.jpg$20131230_164207_resized.jpg$20131230_164309_resized.jpg

Thanks for the help. They're still safe to use right?

Cheers and Happy New Year.

Mike.

The SS looks like a Rocket.

If I were you I would give my dad a big hug and a "Thank you very much!"

Now go clean them up and put them to use.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
'48-50 Aristocrat and like Harry says, British flare tip Rocket -- both excellent condition. Two really great shavers, congrats!

Wow, a '40's Aristocrat in that condition is like Gold, pun intended. Super congratulations! That's one that is on my wish list, pant, pant.

So great!!! You may not realize how fortunate your are to have these two mint classics in your possession and coming to you from your father. They are truly heirlooms. There are many of us here that wish our fathers and grandfathers had saved their old razors. Use and enjoy in good health!

Both razors are beautiful. Enjoy. I have a 40's style Rocket and I love the shaves I get from it. I've never had an Aristocrat, but I hear great things about them.

It makes it even cooler that your dad gave them to you.

The Aristocrat is my favorite shaving razor ever and the one I use every day. The fact that it is from your father is priceless.

Thanks for all the comments and help identifying what they are- My Dad will be thrilled with the reports! Thanks very much for the help and kind words, and Happy New Year to everyone.

Cheers,

Mike.

So great!!! You may not realize how fortunate your are to have these two mint classics in your possession and coming to you from your father. They are truly heirlooms. There are many of us here that wish our fathers and grandfathers had saved their old razors. Use and enjoy in good health!

A BIG +1 to that. Clean with dish soap, hot water and scrub gently with a toothbrush. Swish in alcohol and your good to go! Come on they're from your dad. Other than that ENJOY!

Top Bottom