What's new

My current preferred Cartridge razors.

I got the metal Parker found here

Heavyweight All-Metal Triple Blade Razor from Parker Safety Razor - Accepts Mach 3 and Gillette3 Blades https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008Y2ZBTG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_MQ.GDbQ5V5TFG

It’s nice , heavy and would satisfy most DE users if they used carts. My only issue is the head that clips to the Mach 3 spins off in the way a three piece DE razor would. It can be glued on ,but it’s by no means a deal breaker. I’m happy with it .
it's parker 43C nice razors. According to some reviewers the only flawed part is the head which is glued and tends to detach

Im with you OP

My fav cart razors in order are
Gillette Sensor
Gillette Atra
Gillette Trac II

With either Vintage Gillette carts or Wilkinson Sword carts.
I also like the schick slim twin carts.

I only shave for 6 days before replacing the carts

The sensor is way sharper and stays sharper longer than the atra or trac ii carts.

I dont get any irritation from any of these systems.

I do think the DE systems shave as close (maybe, just maybe but not 100% sure, closer) but requires a lot more work and care than with the cartridge systems.

Im with you OP

Gillette Sensor
Gillette Atra
Gillette Trac II

The sensor is way sharper and stays sharper longer than the atra or trac ii carts.

I do think the DE systems shave as close (maybe, just maybe but not 100% sure, closer) but requires a lot more work and care than with the cartridge systems.
Agree with your ranking of favorite cart razors, agree with number of shaves before a cart needs to be changed and superior experience with the Sensor.
Where I differ is that I can consistently get significantly closer shaves with a DE. I shave 3 pass with carts and DE's. The DE;s take about twice as long, so DE shaves are definitely more effort. If I take the time and pay attention there is no irritation with either method. Some days I don't have either the time, or attention, or focus needed for a DE so I bring out a cart and am happy with the results.

On 20 October, I ordered a Schick Super II from Japan. It arrived 07 November. It weighs approximately 1.4 ounces without the cartridg. The “standard“ Suoer II handle is about 0.7 ounces. I like the shave with this better. it has a nice rubber grip on the inside which makes it easy to hold and maneuver.
CA2EE844-DA80-4DD0-B281-BDDF1F0E2F9B.jpeg

I like a Dorco 7 overall and a Dorco 3 around the mouth.

I enjoy changing things up and occasionally using a Gillette Fusion, Schick Hydro, or Schick Quatro. More rarely a Harry's. I like to travel with a Micro Touch Cartridge.

I don't like cartridge razors and currently shave with a Feather SS shavette, but on trips I have decided the Atra is the way to go. I have one of the original metal handles, which makes it nicer. I load it up with the cartridges called Gillette "Vector." These have the green lube strip.

For me, the Vector is the best of the two-blade cartridges, and the green lube strip isn't gooey and disgusting like some of the white ones. The Vector cartridges can be purchased online. I use www.razorbladesandmore.com.

Im with you OP

Gillette Sensor
Gillette Atra
Gillette Trac II

I agree with your ranking as well. I haven't found a better cart than the Sensor. It was probably Gillette's best engineered product, and it also exists in a middle ground between traditional shaving and the "pull a cheese grater across your face" approach of many modern multiblade carts.

I'm not a big fan of cartridge razors but have accepted the realities of airline travel. I refuse to check my bags, especially when traveling on business. The last thing you need is your entire wardrobe lost and you have nothing to wear to that important client meeting. So I carry on for business and trips that are 5 days or less. And this is my razor: Mach 3 on Edwin Jagger faux ivory handle.

IMG_0031.jpeg

Recently getting some great shaves with a Sensor Excel, found using either Harry's shave cream or Gillette Pure cream lets me get a shave as close as most of my DE's can give me - R41 is closer but requires my max morning focus and even than can't use every day.
Going to spend a while exploring Sensor and Sensor Excel carts with those 2 creams. When I used the carts in the past with my standard TOBS creams the shave was never as close as it is now. Maybe those creams will work as well with Atra, Trac2, or even Mach3 and Fusion5 ? Close and no irritation, I like it.

I have been gravitating towards the Schick Xtreme 2. They have improved the blade quality and longevity, I like the compact head and the fixed shaving angle, and have been getting them at a good price with coupons and store electronic coupons.

I also really like the Bic Flex 3. I prefer it over the Flex 2.

Top Bottom