What's new

My current "collection" :)

Good morning. 54 years old, been wet-shaving with a brush and soap since the very beginnings (1983) but using carts (sensor..mach3..fusion etc) Started last month with DEs and now i'm left with my three core razors: Fusion proglide flexball limited edition, Baili BD176 and Yaqi short heavy handle with cobbed head (more aggressive than DE89 due to increased blade gap). What do you tink?

Attachments

• baili 176.jpeg
    baili 176.jpeg
    5.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Gillette-640x640.jpg
    Gillette-640x640.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 14
  • HTB1bbO8vgKTBuNkSne1q6yJoXXai.jpg
    HTB1bbO8vgKTBuNkSne1q6yJoXXai.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 14
  • yaqi cobbed.png
    yaqi cobbed.png
    147.2 KB · Views: 10

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Very nice, and welcome to the forum!!! We started shaving at the same time, and it looks like we started with the same equipment (Gillette Sensor.....if I'm remembering correctly); but I was a canned foam guy back then....sure wish I had started with a brush and soap.

i am not after buying 3000 razors. After all a razor (especially a DE) is just holding the blade so if the blade is good (astra..feather etc) i don't see why you shouldn't be able to get a great shave with whatever razor *If your technique is good enough*

Very nice, and welcome to the forum!!! We started shaving at the same time, and it looks like we started with the same equipment (Gillette Sensor.....if I'm remembering correctly); but I was a canned foam guy back then....sure wish I had started with a brush and soap.
i have always hated canned foams wholeheartedly. Thanks to my father who once told me they are absolute garbage. I don't think you can have a good lather with canned foams. I feel good with Red Proraso since it's cheap :lol: but i also appreciate TABAC and Taylor of old bond street.

Good morning. 54 years old, been wet-shaving with a brush and soap since the very beginnings (1983) but using carts (sensor..mach3..fusion etc) Started last month with DEs and now i'm left with my three core razors: Fusion proglide flexball limited edition, Baili BD176 and Yaqi short heavy handle with cobbed head (more aggressive than DE89 due to increased blade gap). What do you tink?
Nice assortment, if they all work for you, and provide whatever variety you look for across the weeks and months, no reason to add anything. Many of us here started with one razor but reading reviews became curious, always hoping the grass is much greener on the other side. Personally after 5 years exploring DE shaving, I shave 95 % of the time with my EJ DE89 or a Gillette Sensor, I use a synthetic Razorock brush and am working my way thru several tubs of TOBS shave cream. I have about 30 vintage and new razors from very mild to very wild, have gotten good shaves with all of them but finally found the hardware and software that, day after day, works best for me. I am glad I experimented so I know what the options are and know what works best for me.

After the new gillette ad fiasco (they seem to never learn) i have PIFed the Fusion and so i'm left with the DE and disposable bics.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Nice starter set up. I used a Schick Super 2/Ultrex for 35 odd years. Was given some Heirloom razors from my father. Found this forum to learn how to use the DE razors and now some 275 razors plus another 20 odd Cartridge razors later I have finally slowing down purchase wise. Acquisition Disorders are real and they can sneak up on you. The trouble with us is that we are pretty much all enablers here. :biggrin1:

I tink you need a vintage Gillette Tech for starters, then maybe a New Type, LC or SC.

i don't see any purpose on getting a vintage tech..since the BD176 head is identical, a real clone. maybe another head for the heavy yaqi handle. we'll see

Top Bottom