What's new

My Cuban H. Upmann # 2 (Torpedo), Cigar Reveiw

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Earlier today, I enjoyed (thanx Sergio for your most kind gift), a Cuban H. Upmann # 2 (52 ring gauge x 6.1in – Torpedo – Factory Box Code: May 2010) paired with a glass of Moscato wine and below is my reveiw. :thumbup:

Construction:

This cigar (52 ring gauge x 6.1in – Torpedo – Factory Box Code: May 2010), construction had no imperfections, quite a smooth rich, reddish brown wrapper with an oily sheen with no hard or soft spots…a very well made and rolled cigar.

Pre-Smoke:

Right out of the box that Sergio sent me (I couldn't wait :drool: ), the aroma of this cigar had a soft woody earthiness that might deceive the novice smoker of things to come. This cigar was easy to cut, with no problems of un-raveling or ripping of the wrapper.

Smoking:

Lighting presented no problems either and did not 'tunnel or canoe'. In fact, the burn was very even with very firm ash (about 1in before I 'tapped' it into the ashtray), and the draw was quite easy (from not being too tightly rolled).

When smoking this cigar, I was pleasantly surprised by its smooth flavor and intoxicating fragrant aroma. The combination of flavors was complex due to its large ring gauge with flavors of muskiness, creamy cocoa and espresso. This cigar had a medium-strong body with a good amount of earthy and woody tobacco flavor and a hint of sweetness and spice. These flavors became more pronounced (½ - ¾ burn), and powerful as I smoked this Torpedo (defiantly stronger than a Montecristo # 2), and did not become hot and/or harsh towards the end. However, there did linger flavors of strong earthiness, tobacco and spice in the later ⅓ of the cigar. Furthermore, the burn time was about 60 - 75 (depending on your smoking style), minutes of pure Havana bliss. :thumbsup:

Conclusion:

A very good, medium-strong and consistent H. Upmann (in my opinion, this cigar is not for the beginner), and perfect when paired with glass of wine (I paired it with Moscato wine), or with a ‘snifter’ of fine Brandy, Cognac or Whisky. With further aging, the H. Upmann # 2 could become an outstanding cigar for those desiring a rich, medium-strong cigar in a Pyramid (torpedo), format. :yesnod:

Christopher
proxy.php
"Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma." Anonymous

Last edited:
Apparently I don't know the right kind of people, someday I will have a Cuban cigar. Great review! If you don't mind, I'm going to go sulk now.:crying:

Top Bottom