What's new

My Country Musice Heroes...Explained!!!

I like REAL country music, heck I don't think I can name any new country music artist past 1995. I happened to come across these videos narrated...maybe produced by Mike Judge. Some stories I knew and some I chuckle at and realize it explains alot!!! Enjoy.

Tales from the Tour Bus:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The last band that I REALLY liked a LOT in country music was Diamond Rio. And they were a bit kinda "pop musicly" in their sound, but they were an exceptionally "tight" band, full of great musicians.

I can't listen to country music anymore. It just ain't country.

I wanna hear some Jones! My heart ain't ready for the Rollin' Stones!

There’s very few new country artists I’ve liked, my preference is for the outlaws, but I am a big fan of Hank III. I would only consider some of his music country though.

The last band that I REALLY liked a LOT in country music was Diamond Rio. And they were a bit kinda "pop musicly" in their sound, but they were an exceptionally "tight" band, full of great musicians.

I can't listen to country music anymore. It just ain't country.

I wanna hear some Jones! My heart ain't ready for the Rollin' Stones!

Hilarious that you use Alan Jackson as a tagline. I can remember when HE was "new country".

While not a big fan of country music, I recently discovered Townes Van Zandt and his songs are American classics.

Many years ago i stopped to be impressed by terms like king and quin and legend or hero
Instead i'm using mile stone
There are many singers and songs that i consider to be the mile stones of the long winding road colled music

People like Jimmie rodger
Carter fam , lighting hopkins, willie nelson
Ralph Stanley Johnny Cash
Buck and Merle for the bakersfield sound
Merle with songs like okie from Muskogee
Or are the good times really over
Kris Kristofferson for his songwriting
Alan and John who opened rhe door
Doc watson and many many more
Luis and Stan
And Thelonious too

Like I said the music is long and winding road You may add your mile stones and let see what's happening

Towns Van Zandt is one of them

;)

Attachments

• junecarter_portrait.gif
    junecarter_portrait.gif
    66.3 KB · Views: 4

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Hilarious that you use Alan Jackson as a tagline. I can remember when HE was "new country".
We are now giving away our ages.... First time I heard George Strait I thought I had died and gone to HillBilly Heaven, lol.

I sing "They Call me the Fireman" to my wife all the time until she throws water on me!

Chris Ledoux, the Georges, Alan, Don Williams, Garth, K.T. Oslon. Boy, nobody recent in there! Guess that gives my age group away.

Top Bottom