What's new

My "Collection"

I have been asked many times about my razor "collection" and have seen many fine collections posted recently. Well, first of all, I really don't see myself as a collector, but more of a pack rat that enjoys the history of the razors. I have no real desire to have the most mint or the most exclusive razors. My collection, as you will see, is quite simple. I decided to take a few pictures last night while rearranging a bit to fit a few more into the display case's storage.

The display case itself is a converted antique radio cabinet with the guts and front removed. A glass front, felt lining and a rear door were added. I also made a felt covered step for the lower level and a plexiglass step for the upper level to allow light from the added single light installed at the top to illuminate the entire display.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The odds and ends on the top of the display are just a few pieces which needed to be put into my closet storage. These are old pictures of the closet storage area and many of the pictured items are no longer mine, but are in happy new homes.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
thank you for posting this - it is a fine collection, and nicely displayed!

You do shave with all of your razors...?

and what a great idea with the shoe-keeper thingie over the door!
[hmmm....]

That is awesome Guido, I especially like the converted radio case.

And is that a store dispay for the Blue Blades?

thank you for posting this - it is a fine collection, and nicely displayed!

You do shave with all of your razors...?

and what a great idea with the shoe-keeper thingie over the door!
[hmmm....]

Thanks. I have shaved with many of them, but I have about a dozen of my users in the bathroom storage, including my NEW DeLuxe, Bulldog, another Single Ring, GEM Junior, '51 SS, Ever-Ready 1912, pocket edition Old Type and a few others I can't recall right now. The first four listed get the vast majority of the use.

And the shoe-keeper thingie was a must to keep my marriage alive. My wife seems to think that dozens of razors spread around the living room furniture is not appropriate interior decoration. Go figure. :001_rolle :biggrin:

That is awesome Guido, I especially like the converted radio case.

And is that a store dispay for the Blue Blades?

Yup. I thought the Blue Blade display makes for a nice centerpiece. One of the packs was open (no blade missing though, and I was able to check a date code. They are from 1936.

I really like your collection. It is diverse and well thought out. Your display case is great, more then a little work went into it. Very well done.

Len

WOW !!! Nice collection Guido-thanks for sharing. Making the the radio cabinet into a display case was a great idea.

The radio case is one of the nicest displays I have seen. How did you acquire most of your razors?

The radio case is one of the nicest displays I have seen. How did you acquire most of your razors?

Thanks. They all came from either estate sales, rummage sales, flea markets, antique stores and trading with other B&B members. The only item I have that came from eBay is the Blue Blade store display. I have only bought one razor from eBay and that was a nice British NEW that I wanted to try and get some pictures of. I sold it for my cost to another B&B member after I had checked it out.

Not to hijack your thread, but do you have a gold '60 or '61 Tech in there you'd be interested in trading for my 40-something Tech, as per our "discussion" on my "What don't I have thread"?

Not to hijack your thread, but do you have a gold '60 or '61 Tech in there you'd be interested in trading for my 40-something Tech, as per our "discussion" on my "What don't I have thread"?

Sorry I haven't gotten back with you on that. That is one reason for the rearranging last night. I was checking for you. I don't have a '60 or '61 in there. I still have some more checking to do, though. :smile:

Very nice, AsylumGuido! :w00t: :drool:

Great collection and terrific presentation.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Very nice, that box of blues makes a nice focal point for the display. I also like the repurposed shoe organizer for your extra razors, why didn't I think of that? Beats the plexi box that I use for mine.

Top Bottom