1900-1929

proxy.php

1930s

proxy.php

1940's,50's

proxy.php

1960's till present day

proxy.php

Very nice, Napoleon. I like seeing the GEMs and the injectors in your collection, as well as the spread across the decades. Gives your collection a very well-rounded look. :thumbup1:

That would be about it. What I wanted and imagined. Only a few more razors (let's say 1930's aristocrat), and a butt load of razor blades:biggrin:
I also have 2 strops, 3 straights, 2 hones...

PS. I need a nice display cabinet also.

Last edited:
As for using them, I use only the ones pre 1940's:biggrin: With the exception of the No.66 and the rooney DE.
I'm a vintage type of a guy!

Great collection! It's an excellent start.

Trust me - it doesn't end. :punk:

Oh sure. You tell yourself "Wow! I'm set for life. That's a nice looking bunch of razors I have and they all shave nicely."

Then, one day - maybe six months after you say the above, you find yourself in a store and you see a lonely razor. All by itself in the middle of a bunch of perfume (????) bottles. Some part of you feels sorry for it and realizes it needs a new home. A good home with other good razors. Not with stinking perfume bottles! :gunsmilie:

And you're off!

Or something like that.

Great collection! It's an excellent start.

Trust me - it doesn't end. :punk:

Oh sure. You tell yourself "Wow! I'm set for life. That's a nice looking bunch of razors I have and they all shave nicely."

Then, one day - maybe six months after you say the above, you find yourself in a store and you see a lonely razor. All by itself in the middle of a bunch of perfume (????) bottles. Some part of you feels sorry for it and realizes it needs a new home. A good home with other good razors. Not with stinking perfume bottles! :gunsmilie:

And you're off!

Or something like that.

That is so true!

Last year, I said I was only going to use the shaving creams and soaps, but not the DE's - they looked too dangerous! Then I said I was only interested in DE's, not SE's or injectors, and certainly not straights. NOW, I'm saying I have no interest in straights..........I feel like Steve Martin in "The Jerk", "...and all I need is this SS, and this Slim, and that's ALL I need! And this Gem, I need this Gem, too, and THAT'S ALL I need! And this injector........:cool:

Your off to a great start. How do you like that Rooney razor? Been considering picking up my little brother one of their razor/brush sets from classic shaving and was just wondering what you thought about it.

is that bar handle NEW replated? is so, it looks incredible. if not, it looks incredible.

:lol:

It was chromed:smile:

Your off to a great start. How do you like that Rooney razor? Been considering picking up my little brother one of their razor/brush sets from classic shaving and was just wondering what you thought about it.

It's a nice razor, hefty, and shaves like merkur HD. Mine was bought with a merkur head (normally they have a parker) and the price was lower since it was from the BST forum. If you can get it a a lower price I'd recommend it. The price is he only downside.
And I don't have to mention it looks great side by side with my rooney:cool:

proxy.php

Your 40s to 50s are awesome! :thumbup:

Are they all part of a big rotation or do some sit on the counter whereas others are being used more often?

Top Bottom