What's new

My collection of Stick Shaving Soap

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Very nice collection, Sir. :thumbup1:

By the way, I'm terribly missing the La Toja Manantiales soap in wooden bowl with cork cap... :crying:

Dang this is a impressive collection! Some rare finds in this collection for sure. It's cool to be able to see some of the Vintage shave sticks made in the past since some of them have little to no information about them on the web.

Arko? Let me think ... what is the word diametrically opposite of collectible? :whistling:
Arko is in the same class as the Williams, Wilkinson and Palmolive shave sticks that are part of Paco-Galan's excellent and extensive collection. Given the unlabeled shave sticks in see-through plastic dispensers Paco's display may include both collectables and currently used soaps. Also Arko is more readily available in Europe than in the U.S. where it tends to be sold only on-line.

Just got my first dozen Arko sticks a few days ago and similar to my lone Arko puck am impressed with the performance that is similar, for me, to Williams. Lathering is easier as I can use my synthetic brush versus a stiffer boar for Williams. Also like the Arko stick aroma that is largely absent in the older puck. As YMMV do respect your views on Arko's scent most either love or hate it for that characteristic.

¿Cuál dirías que es tu favorito personal / te encuentras usando más? ¿Y por qué? ¡Respuestas detalladas muy apreciadas! ¡Especialmente en palos que todavía se producen y puedo tener en mis manos relativamente fácil! ¡Gracias de anLa A

La Toja y Myrurgia, dos marcas míticas españolas.

Hard to say - you might have an Imperial Leather in there (?), can't easily see Old Spice, Yardley or Easy (the latter is very much from a bygone age).

Top Bottom