· Witch hazel as a pre shave scrub

· Light olive oil: 6 drops or so instead of lather

· Shave down

· Shave up

· Shave neck across

· Dry and sharpen blade with 10 reverse strokes up my bath towel

· Coat the blade with light olive oil

· More light olive oil on the face to hold in the moisture

· 5 or 6 blade Dorco. I have a heavy beard, the Dorco blades sometimes break after a month or two, about the same time they wear out.

I believe you are the current leader of the Cheap Shave Society. But someone can still take you down by not using a cartridge blade, maybe one of the dollar store DE using the DE blades that come with them. Congrats!

A85DFC7C-B7C8-47CB-9FD4-C232A94C42E4.jpeg
6A818B33-9BC4-49BC-AD16-76DBF93ABD74.jpeg
I shave the same as Actuarius but not olive oil a fine oil. Just hot water in the shower, soap If anything Irritates my skin the few time I’ve tried different soap over the years. It’s not a question of cheap,

You always got to look at the positive... a fast clean shave were u can easily pull your skin with your fingers, less staining on the blade and a 0 environmental foot print for shaving.

Actuarius, have u tried a nice old wedge dry, After a shower? sometimes I clean up a 3rd pass dry, and get a even closer shave.

View attachment 903400 View attachment 903398 I shave the same as Actuarius but not olive oil a fine oil. Just hot water in the shower, soap If anything Irritates my skin the few time I’ve tried different soap over the years. It’s not a question of cheap,

You always got to look at the positive... a fast clean shave were u can easily pull your skin with your fingers, less staining on the blade and a 0 environmental foot print for shaving.

Actuarius, have u tried a nice old wedge dry, After a shower? sometimes I clean up a 3rd pass dry, and get a even closer shave.
Yes, I have occasionally done a dry pass if I find missed stubble on the jaw line. Works fine for me.

My cheap shave:

· Always in the shower

· Witch hazel as a pre shave scrub

· Light olive oil: 6 drops or so instead of lather

· Shave down

· Shave up

· Shave neck across

· Dry and sharpen blade with 10 reverse strokes up my bath towel

· Coat the blade with light olive oil

· More light olive oil on the face to hold in the moisture

· 5 or 6 blade Dorco. I have a heavy beard, the Dorco blades sometimes break after a month or two, about the same time they wear out.

You have raised my curiosity and I’m going to try it.
Do I need more or less oil if so use a DE razor?
Is six drops really enough?
Thanks for your post!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Huh, thought I saw on history Channel that they had excavated Cesars shave den/tomb and found kilos and kilos of p.160 and Cella with 300 sacrificial boars for brushes
Love it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Extra virgin olive oil can be quite costly. :a14::a14:

The inspiration for Olive Oil came from a column in Dr Gary North's Tip of the Week and was published some years ago. His suggestion was Rubbing Alcohol and Mineral Oil. After trying this for a while, I found the rubbing alcohol to be a bit harsh and switched to Witch Hazel. When I realized that mineral oil was inorganic, I switched to Extra Light Olive Oil. Since the original posting I have tried regular olive oil and it works fine also. I never tried Extra Virgin because the fragrance seemed a bit strong, but it would probably work fine.

After each pass, I rinse my face and the blade with hot water from the shower and do not need to apply more olive oil. I got this tip from Shave Secret. BTW, I think shaving in the shower is a most effective face prep.

Regarding a DE razor, I have not tried it but think it might be even better because of reduced clogging of the multi blades would seem to suggest fewer rinses or the blade. Also since the original post, I have used Dorco 7 with no problems.

Plain soap and water works fine but seems to pulls a bit more for me. And i just love the olive oil as a pre and post shave moisturizer.

Sometimes, if I have the extra time or feel like pampering myself, I will use a lather and brush. Lately i use Taylor of Old Bond Street or Original Old Spice (from India via Ebay).

The inspiration for Olive Oil came from a column in Dr Gary North's Tip of the Week and was published some years ago. His suggestion was Rubbing Alcohol and Mineral Oil. After trying this for a while, I found the rubbing alcohol to be a bit harsh and switched to Witch Hazel. When I realized that mineral oil was inorganic, I switched to Extra Light Olive Oil. Since the original posting I have tried regular olive oil and it works fine also. I never tried Extra Virgin because the fragrance seemed a bit strong, but it would probably work fine.

After each pass, I rinse my face and the blade with hot water from the shower and do not need to apply more olive oil. I got this tip from Shave Secret. BTW, I think shaving in the shower is a most effective face prep.

Regarding a DE razor, I have not tried it but think it might be even better because of reduced clogging of the multi blades would seem to suggest fewer rinses or the blade. Also since the original post, I have used Dorco 7 with no problems.

Plain soap and water works fine but seems to pulls a bit more for me. And i just love the olive oil as a pre and post shave moisturizer.

Sometimes, if I have the extra time or feel like pampering myself, I will use a lather and brush. Lately i use Taylor of Old Bond Street or Original Old Spice (from India via Ebay).

Thanks!
Im definitely going to try this and will reply on this thread.

Top Bottom