What's new

My Brush Restoration & Builds

An Ever Ready 150 ...
IMG_0649.JPG

Before ...
IMG_0685.JPG

After much work and not the best work I've done, but sometimes damage makes for hard calls ... polish to a proper shine or loose makers marks. Installed a Maggard's 22mm synthetic after weighting it.

As alway ... more to come :D

An Ever Ready 150 ...

After much work and not the best work I've done, but sometimes damage makes for hard calls ... polish to a proper shine or loose makers marks. Installed a Maggard's 22mm synthetic after weighting it.

As alway ... more to come :D

Man, look at the shine on that. Nice job!
I just did an old ivory Made Right over the weekend. The plastic was chalky and cracking ever so slightly on the surface and there was some weird color that seemed like it was "soaked into" the surface. After I got everything smooth and shiny, a big portion of the lettering had been rubbed out. Kind of a bummer, but like you say, you have to make some hard calls on the finishing.

Nice work considering what you had to start with. Not everything can be made to look new again. You saved it from a landfill and made a proper brush out of it, that's a win.

Man, look at the shine on that. Nice job!
I just did an old ivory Made Right over the weekend. The plastic was chalky and cracking ever so slightly on the surface and there was some weird color that seemed like it was "soaked into" the surface. After I got everything smooth and shiny, a big portion of the lettering had been rubbed out. Kind of a bummer, but like you say, you have to make some hard calls on the finishing.

Thank you. As I go along on these restores, I realize some a just more fun than others. When the lettering is on the side; it can definitely be a crap shot.

Nice work considering what you had to start with. Not everything can be made to look new again. You saved it from a landfill and made a proper brush out of it, that's a win.

Thank you.
Yes it is a save and if it has to stay with me, I won't be too heart broken. :tongue1:

Now I wanna find a green one....... Nice job on it!

Thank you.
Some reason the greens and the blues are harder to find. :D

Top Bottom