What's new

My Brush Making Journey

Brush #8 Sapele handle 24mm Maggard Boar knot. I went a little smaller and a little more simple with this one. Trying to perfect this finishing thing.View attachment 967079 View attachment 967080

I like the shape and the finish looks good.
I am relatively new to CA finishing, but I use micromesh wet sanding pads to 12,000 grit then MAAS metal polish on the CA finish and on Acrylics. It has worked good for me so far..
I recently ordered a few things from Maggards and asked over the phone about boar knots. They said they didn't currently sell a boar knot. Was that removed from another handle?

Sorry, that was a product of a partial copy and paste. You are correct, it is not a Maggard knot. It is a knot from amazon. My bad hahaha you guys are on it!

Sorry, that was a product of a partial copy and paste. You are correct, it is not a Maggard knot. It is a knot from amazon. My bad hahaha you guys are on it!

I thought mabey you had connections and could buy products not available to us common folk.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Yes it is. Have you had a chance to use it yet?
Well I have been using the CA for wood for a little while now and find that
it seems to flow better and it does take a little longer to cure but I have been getting a outstanding smooth
finish with it . Is it better ? time will tell on how it holds up ?

Well I have been using the CA for wood for a little while now and find that
it seems to flow better and it does take a little longer to cure but I have been getting a outstanding smooth
finish with it . Is it better ? time will tell on how it holds up ?
Awesome. Thanks for the reply. I am in the same camp as you. It performs great, so time will tell. Cheers!

Top Bottom