What's new

My brother's first SR shave

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
A few years ago I gave my little brother a M7DS of SRs. Up until now he has been too scared to SR shave. He normally shaved with a cart and bath soap, no brush or lather.

My brother lives in Japan, outside of Kyoto but we have both been in Sydney these last few days for his eldest daughter's (my niece's) wedding. He brought his M7DS with him and asked me to guide him with his first SR shave.

It all went reasonably well for a first shave. He restricted himself to a single N-S pass. He nicked (cut?) himself on a small mole on his chin.

IMG20230501071956.jpg

He thoroughly enjoyed his first SR shave and wants to continue to learn the gentlemanly art. Next is to get him into B&B. He is not much into internet forums.

I probably delayed starting with a straight razor because I thought shaving over a mole would be impossible. How could it not be?And of course I cut myself on my moles.

Once I learned the proper pressure (none), I never cut myself on my moles, but it still seems like magic to me that I can shave over them without an issue.

A few years ago I gave my little brother a M7DS of SRs. Up until now he has been too scared to SR shave. He normally shaved with a cart and bath soap, no brush or lather.

My brother lives in Japan, outside of Kyoto but we have both been in Sydney these last few days for his eldest daughter's (my niece's) wedding. He brought his M7DS with him and asked me to guide him with his first SR shave.

It all went reasonably well for a first shave. He restricted himself to a single N-S pass. He nicked (cut?) himself on a small mole on his chin.

He thoroughly enjoyed his first SR shave and wants to continue to learn the gentlemanly art. Next is to get him into B&B. He is not much into internet forums.
Passing the torch, my older brother got me into wet shaving and now its all i do! Looks like he got himself a nice single pass! My first SR shave was a nightmare! Shaky hands rushed and definitely more blood and wounds that him! One day ill teach my son the gentleman's way of the blade, for now i just give him this “Brassuperspeed” with no blade in it cause hes 4 lol. I reverse plated the nickel off of the razor for fun. Forgive the water spots she needs a quick polish

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    983 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    862.1 KB · Views: 6

Legion

Staff member
I probably delayed starting with a straight razor because I thought shaving over a mole would be impossible. How could it not be?And of course I cut myself on my moles.

Once I learned the proper pressure (none), I never cut myself on my moles, but it still seems like magic to me that I can shave over them without an issue.
How long do you think it would take to whittle away a mole entirely?

Moles are tough; I have one. With a well-honed razor, you can pick the individual hairs off it without running the razor over the mole. You can also run the razor over the mole, but with great care. It's not my favorite part of the shave.

Top Bottom