What's new

My body doesn't recognize DST

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Year round DST would be a disaster for people who live farther north in like, say, Canada. People in Edmonton for example wouldn't see the sun until just before 10:00 am in the dead of winter. Not acceptable sir! Everyone thinks of the summer months when there is abundant daylight on both ends of the day. No one ever thinks about the extra soul crushing dark freezing mornings that year round DST would bring. It's plenty bad enough as it is now, no need to make it worse. Year round standard time would be wonderful. Noon would happen with the sun at its zenith and everything, not when it's over there at some skiwampus angle.
FYI, the people living in the Great White North are not yet subject to the whims of US lawmakers, so if our law is passed, you'll still be safe and able to see the Beavers drinking their Maple Syrup at 7:00 am. :lol1:

FYI, the people living in the Great White North are not yet subject to the whims of US lawmakers, so if our law is passed, you'll still be safe and able to see the Beavers drinking their Maple Syrup at 7:00 am. :lol1:
True enough, but I can't believe that our gov. wouldn't follow suit. Hopefully they wouldn't but I guess we'll see.

What is time anyway? Is it basically just made up by humans? No other creature defines time as hours, months, seconds, etc. The sun comes up, the sun goes down. Daylight, nighttime. Sun, Moon.

Here in the US the railroads forced a country wide standard time back in the late 1800’s. I’m sure it had something to do with making them more money. Keeping the trains on “schedule”. Before that every city basically ran on their own clock.

1 hour really makes no difference to me one way or the other. If we stay on 1 set time, or change every year. IDC. I guess if I was forced to pick I’d say stay on one set time. Whichever time gives us the most daylight hours during the Summer.

Clearly you do not have a dog. I guarantee you the dog knows which hours are for getting up, eating, and when you come home from work.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Clearly you do not have a dog. I guarantee you the dog knows which hours are for getting up, eating, and when you come home from work.

I do have a dog and my dog doesn’t run the house. I do

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I'm in this camp. Just pick one. It seems that no elected official today is capable of making a decision. I thought this was one of the 420 bills sitting on our beloved President's desk waiting for his signature. Either way, I guess we start from scratch after tomorrow.
420 is a different bill 👍😎😊

Hawaii does not have it :)
then moved in my 40s to PHX and they do not have it !

all I know is my friends in other parts some times of the year I call them to early or late ! So confusing when you live without it and everyone else lives with it hahahahaha

Arizona, and maybe another State, don't change time and they've had no problem. I do recognize that that the biggest issue is kids going to school, or coming home in the dark. Surely there must be a middle ground, even if it means splitting the difference.
It may not have been a problem for Arizona but it is a total PITA when you get Phoenix people scheduling meeting for 6 or 7 at night for the rest of us.

As for school kids, what law of nature says school has to start at 8 or 8:30. Move the starting times of things if it’s a problem. Starting times do change. World Series games used to start at 2:00 central time. Now they are at night. In the early 70s the Super Bowl would start at 1:00 or 2:00 not late night.

Year round DST would be a disaster for people who live farther north in like, say, Canada. People in Edmonton for example wouldn't see the sun until just before 10:00 am in the dead of winter. .

C'mon, Edmonton's latest sunrise of the year is 8:50am.

C'mon, Edmonton's latest sunrise of the year is 8:50am.
You come on. If we adopted year round DST 8:50 becomes 9:50 so just before 10:00 am like I said.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I don't mind DST at all, if anything I actually like it. A one hour clock adjustment twice a year is easily done for me and I enjoy the later sun set time in the summer and adjusting back, so the sun is not rising around 9:00am on the shortest day.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Personally, I would rather have daylight later in the day than earlier, so however that works out would get my vote.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I had recently returned from a cruise which necessitated a 6 hour time change, so I was already screwed up, but I hate DST. Sleeping is not my forte, and every time change takes more weeks than I care to think about before I adjust.

I dislike breakfast in the dark.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I dislike breakfast in the dark.

Just sayin'

HOM-GPS15A3_1.jpeg

Top Bottom