What's new

My black GBS TTO/adjustable arrived today!

It appears to be a reasonably well-made razor. The "adjustable" feature is held in place by friction. My only concern is that the TTO head doesn't open as wide as that on my Parker 96r. This forces me to be extremely careful when I change blades.

The black razor came with two five-blade tucks of Lord Platinum blades (made in Egypt). I don't know how well these will work in any razor (as I have never used them before). I hope that this new acquisition will work well and give me a decent shave without forcing me to wear out a styptic pencil.

1657282786921.png

Yesterday, my KCG gave me such a great shave that I'll wait until Saturday to test the GBS. I plan on leaving the "adjustable" setting it at 1 for the sake of safety. (My poor lips and ears can't stand another "Parker 96r/Dorco ST300" experience).

I'll see how well it works tomorrow.

I just took the GBS for its "maiden voyage" with a Lord Platinum Stainless blade. On its lowest setting it is on a par (perhaps even a little less aggressive) than the King C Gillette Safety Razor.

The weight of the razor encouraged me to make additional passes. With the second pass (along with minor touch-up strokes) I was BBS and clean. This is a nice tool. I also turned the dial to the 1 1/2 position for the next "go around".

This seems to be a good, solid razor. The Lord Platinum Stainless blade seemed to be smooth and comfortable as well. Thank you, David. (It was one that you sent me). I have yet to open the other Lord Platinum Stainless blade tuck(s) because the blades David sent me. only had their factory wax paper wrappings. (Again, I thank you, David).

I'll give the GBS "adjustable" razor a solid "thumbs up". :thumbup1:

What you bought is a Weishi adjustable razor branded as whatever they decided to invent as a brand to sell it to you.

Some not very good reviews a couple of years ago when that razor was released. Some said the mechanism doesn't work very good, you can't change the setting without opening the doors. Others have complained that even on the maximum setting it is terribly mild, which actually is not avery good for an adjustable razor.
My guess is you paid $40 for that thing.

Last edited:
I paid $22.95 for the whole megillah. I don't think that it is a bad razor and it isn't overly mild. I'm not unhappy. If I want an even better shave, I'll just buy a 100-pack of Gillette Platinum Stainless Steel Blades (Made in Russia) and use them in both my KCG and Weishi Razors. ($12.99 is cheap enough for a year of shaving, don't you think)?

I just shaved with the GBS (on the 1 1/2 setting) and got a great shave! I really like this razor! For $22.95 I got a wonderful bargain!

The only problem I have with the unit is that I couldn't offer one up to everyone that doesn't need an aggressive razor. If you don't heed a razor that takes off the epidermis while you shave, this bargain is well worth the paltry sum to buy it.

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I just shaved with the GBS (on the 1 1/2 setting) and got a great shave! I really like this razor! For $22.95 I got a wonderful bargain!

The only problem I have with the unit is that I couldn't offer one up to everyone that doesn't need an aggressive razor. If you don't heed a razor that takes off the epidermis while you shave, this bargain is well worth the paltry sum to buy it.

Hello Captain O! This is SWCT, a member of the Captain's Choice ship, were all enjoying our Captain's Choice products. HEHE 😝

I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your GBS razor! Ohhhhhh, I'm quite afraid, if one puts the Rex Ambassador on level 6, skin pealing shall become a reality. :devil:

Hello Captain O! This is SWCT, a member of the Captain's Choice ship, were all enjoying our Captain's Choice products. HEHE 😝

I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your GBS razor! Ohhhhhh, I'm quite afraid, if one puts the Rex Ambassador on level 6, skin pealing shall become a reality. :devil:

Thank you SWCT. This razor is just fine. However, I do not wish to be "zested" as if I were a lemon!

'Orange' you glad I'm having a good time with it? :001_tt2::wink2:

I shaved after my morning shower. The 3rd time with the Lord Platinum (the same side) was just as smooth and efficient as it was the first time I used it. This razor is a bargain for $23.00. I am not hard to please, I can make two passes and a couple of "clean-up" strokes, and my face is "clean as a whistle".

As far as I am concerned, this razor can compete with higher-priced units without any real difficulty. The Humphrey's Handmade Sandalwood/Patchouli Glycerine Soap allows any razor to slide gently over tender skin. (This helps immensely in avoiding razor burn and makes every pass easier than the one before it). Read my review, I highly recommend this soap!

Cheers!

Top Bottom