What's new

My best blades so far (for a daily shaver with coarse beard)

I shave daily and my beard is fairly coarse, especially certain areas of the neck and chin. My heritage is Italian and Lebanese so I have a double dose of hair! Since being back into DE shaving, I've been experimenting with different blades that can work for my beard. I like blades that give me a close, smooth shave but that don't give a lot of nicks (don't we all!). I like Astra green, for example, but I've found I get more cuts with it. It does give a close shave for sure though. I know I need to continue to work on technique and, of course, YMMV, but I'll share some blades that I've found that have worked for me so far. By the way, the only razor I'm using right now is a Parker Variant. I like being able to adjust the razor. It works for me so far.

Rapira Lux Platinum - So far a good daily blade for me. Smooth and sharp enough to give me a very close shave. A couple of minor nicks but nothing major.
Shark Super Chrome - Surprisingly, I like this blade for daily shave. I have to apply a bit more pressure and it's not as smooth a shave, but I haven't had any nicks with it and I get a nice close shave.
Derby Premium - Haven't used this in a while but it's smooth and gives me a close shave with little to no nicks.
Bic Chrome Platinum - I really like this blade! But I need to be a bit more careful with it. It's smooth and sharp and I get an unbelievably close shave, but I've had a few nicks each time.
Nacet - Great blade for me.
Kai - Sharp and smooth. Excellent blade.
Perma Sharp - Gave me a great shave first time. Someone pointed out to me that they don't last long and, admittedly I did not get a great second shave, but it could be a good one-and-done for you.

Just thought I'd share some blades that work for my beard type in the hope of helping some of you who might be looking. Feel free to share what works best for you for a daily shave.

Definitely agree with your selection. As a daily shaver with coarse, white whiskers, most of the these blades have been effective for me.

Oddly, while I like the Rapira Platinums (I used one today and it was great), I find that the Swedish Super Steels are better in milder razors.

Permasharps last a good three shaves for me, Kais can be pushed to 5. But with some many blades to choose from, unless you are in the Excalibur club, why not change it up? :)

I shave daily and my beard is fairly coarse, especially certain areas of the neck and chin. My heritage is Italian and Lebanese so I have a double dose of hair! Since being back into DE shaving, I've been experimenting with different blades that can work for my beard. I like blades that give me a close, smooth shave but that don't give a lot of nicks (don't we all!). I like Astra green, for example, but I've found I get more cuts with it. It does give a close shave for sure though. I know I need to continue to work on technique and, of course, YMMV, but I'll share some blades that I've found that have worked for me so far. By the way, the only razor I'm using right now is a Parker Variant. I like being able to adjust the razor. It works for me so far.

Rapira Lux Platinum - So far a good daily blade for me. Smooth and sharp enough to give me a very close shave. A couple of minor nicks but nothing major.
Shark Super Chrome - Surprisingly, I like this blade for daily shave. I have to apply a bit more pressure and it's not as smooth a shave, but I haven't had any nicks with it and I get a nice close shave.
Derby Premium - Haven't used this in a while but it's smooth and gives me a close shave with little to no nicks.
Bic Chrome Platinum - I really like this blade! But I need to be a bit more careful with it. It's smooth and sharp and I get an unbelievably close shave, but I've had a few nicks each time.
Nacet - Great blade for me.
Kai - Sharp and smooth. Excellent blade.
Perma Sharp - Gave me a great shave first time. Someone pointed out to me that they don't last long and, admittedly I did not get a great second shave, but it could be a good one-and-done for you.

Just thought I'd share some blades that work for my beard type in the hope of helping some of you who might be looking. Feel free to share what works best for you for a daily shave.
That's a good selection of blades. I am a head shaver and those all work well for me. I would second the recommendation for Personna Labs and Wizamets. I also use Treet Black Beauties and Falcons (if you aren't opposed to carbon).

I have a coarse beard and sensitive skin. My top blades are BIC Chrome Platinum, Nacet, PermaSharp Super, 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (black) and Personna Platinum Israeli Reds. However, I have found some less well known blades that seem to work just as well. They include Dorco Prime Platinum STP301, DuraBlade Sharp Titanium, Lord/Shark Platinum, and SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum. Some of these blades are surprisingly affordable if purchased in bulk.

Top Bottom