What's new

My Beautiful Cat Jax R.I.P.

View attachment 547743This morning I had to put down my boy cat Jax. He was a cat I found between my neighbors house and another house in the bushes. He was too little to run and was very sick. We took him home and cared for him for nearly 13 years. He had a little limp and a gimpy ear. He was our last cat. He grew up with two older female cats that he really loved and was heart broken when they died. Mommy and I will miss you Jax. We love you.

Jax
2002-2015

View attachment 547740View attachment 547741View attachment 547742
Sorry for your loss. R.I.P. Jax

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Thank's everyone. He and we were both blessed to know each other.

I encourage you to go and pick out a pet at your local humane society...they need you (and you may need them). If you plan on not taking care of them or abusing them...don't.
My boy was a stray, and we got him a female companion from the local shelter. He is younger, but bigger.
0EABA8F3-CB9E-4EA9-8CBB-D1AD02DE8536.jpeg

I encourage you to go and pick out a pet at your local humane society...they need you (and you may need them).

We have a cat now. A rescue. I suppose we always had cats when we had the dog. But this one is the most social, dog-like cat I have every encountered. She is excellent company! I cannot imagine what it was like for her while she was going through the process of getting rescued. I think she was at a kill shelter at one point. Then she was in a glass box for an extended time, months and months, at PetSmart. One might have expected her to come out with bonding issues. But she is a confident, loving cat.

I do not think we are in a place where we would not be neglecting a dog, by our standards of neglect!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My boy was a stray, and we got him a female companion from the local shelter. He is younger, but bigger.
View attachment 1063066
Yep. He will be 11 months old in a couple weeks, the vet guesses she’s around 18 months. She had a litter while in the shelter (all adopted). She sometimes will not put up with his kitten playfulness at times (for the last 3 months I have had a hard time falling him a kitten- he is BIG), but they are mostly good together. We got her on New Year’s Eve, so still relatively new.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Double trouble. 🤗
My last response was meant to be to you, but I responded to one of my posts. Here they are today looking innocent, as one of my wife’s Easter decorations (she is getting ready) sits on the floor. Knowing Shadow (the one on top), he is the guilty party.
3C75FB8A-6163-4539-AB06-9CE64F515188.jpeg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Who's on bottom? Name?
She is Tabby- yeah, real inventive, huh? My wife called her that, the granddaughter liked it, so there it is. We got her from the shelter on New Year’s Eve as a Christmas present for the granddaughter (she spent Christmas with her father), and to keep Shadow company when we are not around. She is picking up on his habits, like waking me up too early to feed them their wet food. :)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
We have the windows open, and the living room window ledge is at least 4 feet in the air. Shadow is around 12 pounds. Like nothing, he jumped up on the ledge and stretched out. He is a strong boy

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Thank's everyone. He and we were both blessed to know each other.

I encourage you to go and pick out a pet at your local humane society...they need you (and you may need them). If you plan on not taking care of them or abusing them...don't.

You know I feel your pain, Aaron. Grandma (Original name Little Bit as she was the runt of the litter) is getting to be about 15 years old now. She did the" gone for a month at a time" thing a few times when she was younger and an outside cat, but now you just about have to throw her out to get her to go outside. Sometimes she will ask to go out and stay out an hour or so, but doesn't stray far. She's sitting at my feet right now.

She may outlast me.

I'm not a Mountain Lion, Dad. Really, really, really I'm not.

1582611919225.png

Top Bottom