What's new

My Barber

93270DDF-9085-43EF-801C-75EE86E69D66.jpeg
C2911719-269C-4E2B-B901-359B8FEEFE01.jpeg
BB88343F-282B-41A6-A1A4-1A7EDFECBB62.jpeg
C36DCE6A-2C1D-4EAD-9B3A-6650D0AAB30A.jpeg
Got a traditional barber hair cut today. I’ve been going here for several months.

The barber and I started talking about my use and collection of straight razors. He was surprised I could find, hone, and use 130 year old razors. Then he said the chair I was sitting in was made in 1912. I asked if it was a Theo Koch’s from Chicago, and it was.

Here are some others dating from 1890’s through 1918.

The sign is from 1890’s

That's cool. I am old enough to remember when my barber had chairs like that. Mt current barber is a 20 something female who works in a "salon" but she is the only one anywhere near here who will do a proper straight razor (shavette) shave.

That's cool. I am old enough to remember when my barber had chairs like that. Mt current barber is a 20 something female who works in a "salon" but she is the only one anywhere near here who will do a proper straight razor (shavette) shave.

My regular barber is female and she’s one reason I got interested in using a straight.

Its a cool place with lots of character and the owner is quite the interesting fellow himself.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
View attachment 942128 View attachment 942129 View attachment 942130 View attachment 942131 Got a traditional barber hair cut today. I’ve been going here for several months.

The barber and I started talking about my use and collection of straight razors. He was surprised I could find, hone, and use 130 year old razors. Then he said the chair I was sitting in was made in 1912. I asked if it was a Theo Koch’s from Chicago, and it was.

Here are some others dating from 1890’s through 1918.

The sign is from 1890’s
Twelvefret:
Awesome shop, pics and chairs besides thanx for sharing. :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"An ordinary [barber's] chair is always more comfortable than a king's [throne]"! Mehmat Murat ildan

Last edited:
Nice! I finally found a shop that has barber chairs, but modern. The nice thing is that they lather your neck and shave it with a shavette. Then they wrap your face in a hot towel.

I have finally escaped from Great Clips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! I finally found a shop that has barber chairs, but modern. The nice thing is that they lather your neck and shave it with a shavette. Then they wrap your face in a hot towel.

I have finally escaped from Great Clips!

Great Clips was always hit or miss and mostly miss. You never got the same person twice. This barber charges $19 and I always tip. I was in the chair over 30 minutes.

Great Clips was always hit or miss and mostly miss. You never got the same person twice. This barber charges $19 and I always tip. I was in the chair over 30 minutes.

Here in metro Atlanta cuts are $21 to $25, from bonafide professionals. I tip too. I want them to enjoy cutting my hair.

Here in metro Atlanta cuts are $21 to $25, from bonafide professionals. I tip too. I want them to enjoy cutting my hair.

He explained how men used to just keep the sides and back from clean and left the bush on top, used a lot of product. I’m going to give it a try cause I’ve discovered clay pomade. Best stuff for keeping the hair in place

He explained how men used to just keep the sides and back from clean and left the bush on top, used a lot of product. I’m going to give it a try cause I’ve discovered clay pomade. Best stuff for keeping the hair in place

I told them yesterday that I might let them do what they want.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
The best haircut and shave of my life??

Firicanos in Boston

Was in that area several years ago to my oldest daughter’s high school graduation.
Beautiful old timely place.
Great to find a wonderful place to cut your hair.

Great post, Twelvefret! Awesome pics of some really cool stuff. Just bought a 1967 Paidar barber chair tonight for my rec room. Been wanting one for awhile and came across one last night. Like you, I enjoy chatting with my barber about the same things you mentioned.

Cool deal!

I save a ton of money on hair cuts because I’m balding and my wife cuts my hair with an electric trimmer and a number 4 guard. She also trims and cleans the neck and actually does an incredible job.

She also digs the aftershaves and soaps I use, so it’s all good now!

Top Bottom