What's new

Show Off Your Auction Hauls

And I'm excited
IMG_20181101_183934.jpg

I was really wanting to get my hands on that "Major" razor after I missed the sale the Colonel had in their area on here. I had no idea how excited I would be when I realized how close it was to my fav setup

IMG_20181101_184920.jpg

That's my fav setup with a Weber? handle. I can't believe The Colonel would go aggressive, when it's so easy to go low profile. Im excited to give this a shot. I kept reading it was nice for its price.... That's wrong, it's just nice. Love it's satin look.

The cream smells great, it's a cream a little along the lines of castle forbes as it is slightly hard. It's test lather made me open an eye as it was great.

The aftershave I haven't tried yet as I haven't shaved yet, but matched the scent of the cream. The pre oil has a spearmint type scent seems nice.

And even the bowl and it's iff white seems nice.

I need a shave, and this is the first New stuff I've had in a while. I'm excited

Last edited:
First shave done. Looks like I have some reviews to do. FYI for the short version, Cream is good, not as hard as I thought, works great. Brush is as advertised, a bit floppy, but nice for its price. Pre shave smells nice. Aftershave seems great. The razor may be one of my new not vintage favourite razors, I mean I had to buy a custom handle to make my other set up a winner, this is a bit longer and I like it more

Yay me, I'm the real winner here lol

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
With that haul you should be excited. Seriously well done, enjoy them all.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Neat-o, James! :thumbsup:

One of my two packages came in yesterday as well.

A Shave Cave synth brush, courtesy of @ackvil (Thanks, Jim!)
full

upload_2018-11-1_23-29-22.jpeg

Pure class. Bidded on the Remembering Sue brush (2013) upper right. Rest of the bounty a huge surprise. Immaculate hand scripted/'calligraphied' thank you note, 10th anniversary brush (2015) far left, St. Charles Shave soaps made by Sue, and pack of blades. Stuff of legends...
Thanks again, James!!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Very nice, @Tommy Tutone ! I can't believe that @syngent gave up some of his beloved Super-Max Super-Plats. Best check the spelling on the note to ensure if really is from James. (If ya know what I mean :ihih:)

First shave done. Looks like I have some reviews to do. FYI for the short version, Cream is good, not as hard as I thought, works great. Brush is as advertised, a bit floppy, but nice for its price. Pre shave smells nice. Aftershave seems great. The razor may be one of my new not vintage favourite razors, I mean I had to buy a custom handle to make my other set up a winner, this is a bit longer and I like it more

Yay me, I'm the real winner here lol
I am glad you got everything and I am thrilled you are happy with the razor! That extra length coupled with the HD heft was a requirement when designing this razor.

A huge thank you to @Colonel Conk for participating in our community, and stepping up for the auction.

We are so happy to have your team here
I am happy to have participated in the auction and look forward to contributing to the forums! Thank You.

Happy Shaves!

And I'm excited
View attachment 924783
I was really wanting to get my hands on that "Major" razor after I missed the sale the Colonel had in their area on here. I had no idea how excited I would be when I realized how close it was to my fav setup

View attachment 924784
That's my fav setup with a Weber? handle. I can't believe The Colonel would go aggressive, when it's so easy to go low profile. Im excited to give this a shot. I kept reading it was nice for its price.... That's wrong, it's just nice. Love it's satin look.

The cream smells great, it's a cream a little along the lines of castle forbes as it is slightly hard. It's test lather made me open an eye as it was great.

The aftershave I haven't tried yet as I haven't shaved yet, but matched the scent of the cream. The pre oil has a spearmint type scent seems nice.

And even the bowl and it's iff white seems nice.

I need a shave, and this is the first New stuff I've had in a while. I'm excited

CONGRATULATIONS!! Great haul!! :a14::a14:

upload_2018-11-6_20-44-43.jpeg

Black and Red sets. Can’t top @captp’s original auction photos, but these are sweet! Lint free gloves and microfiber included.. Thanks again, Georg!

I first received my men's soap company four pack. I've turned into kind of a soap whore lately and figured what the heck. I'd never heard of these guys before, but WOW. FANTASTIC lather. I'm using their Himalaya currently and it's really a great scent. Paired with Tiki aftershave is a good time!

If you haven't tried their soaps, they're worth checking out.

proxy.php

Then I recieved my (wife's) Pink Ivory and Purpleheart brush. I can't take photos right now as SHE is around. I am amazed by Steve's work as always. His skill is matched only by his generosity. Gotta go! She's reading over my shoulder!!!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
A very welcome addition to my shave den came in this morning, courtesy of @Jake. It looks great! The case and instructions are just the bee's knees. Thank you, sir!
full

Top Bottom