What's new

My acquisition disorders went away. What’s wrong with me?

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I’ve recently discovered that there is hardly anything I wish to acquire. This is a bizarre and troubling feeling.

Razors
The Stainless Lupo fits the bill for me in every way. Can’t decide if I prefer the 72 or the 95, but either works great for me. I also have a 50’s flare tip and a 60’s slim that I would be happy with.

I also recently got a few GEM razors which I have used a couple times and like, so I guess we’ll see where that goes.

Blades
I have my favorites in quantity. In no particular order:
Rubie, Nacet, Wizamet, Gillette Platinum. I also like the King C. Gillette, and will likely grab a couple from time to time.

Soaps
Stirling does everything I want. Electric Sheep could be my only soap, but will also keep Stirling Spice, Orange Chill, and eucalyptus Mint around for variety. Also MWF. I don’t expect to replace any others when they run out.

Aftershaves
I have about 10, most of which will be replaced if they run out. Other than a bay rum, which I don’t have, I can’t think of anything I want / need.

Brushes
I would like a nice badger, but they seem sort of cost prohibitive. I wouldn’t mind dropping $100 on a brush I know I’ll love, but that’s a chunk of change for something I might not. I like all the boars and synthetics I have.

I might need help.
I have about 30 badger brushes, all by top quality makers. They are superb brushes. But truth be told, I often wish I had never bought the first one. Many's the night I sit and think I'll take a panoramic photo of them and post it on the BST forum and say "Here are over $4,000 worth of brushes- perhaps as much as $5,000. Take them all for $2,000."

Top Bottom