What's new

My 7-day Set

Does a matched ten day set count.......

12080001_zps7de63dd4.jpg

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Not quite matching. The bottom SR is a three-pinner. Otherwise a very good start. How do you tell which blade to use each day to keep the wear even?

I have a "real" 7 day set but it's in desperate need of a full refurbishment.
Unfortunately it's at the bottom of the refurb pile at the moment as it will entail a LOT of work.
The case needs to be done, all the razors need to be cleaned, honed and some need a rescale but the scales are so thin it'll take some imaginative thinking.
Oh come on, you gotta give us more pics than that. I want to see the some razors. That looks like an awesome set.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Thanks to all those posing pics of their 7-day sets. They are giving me ideas for my display case.

Fistofthenorthstar got me thinking. I might need more than seven straight razors. If I am having guests for dinner or going out in the evening, I will sometimes shave twice a day. To keep the wear even on my 7-day set, I will need other razors for these extra shaves.

It's not easy being a true gentleman.
That why my “7 day set” has 15 razors :c1:

Oh come on, you gotta give us more pics than that. I want to see the some razors. That looks like an awesome set.

Here's a closer shot of the "days of the week". Cleaning this part will be a nightmare to avoid damaging them.
IMG_20200207_100912.jpg

And here they are out for the first time in about a year to stretch their legs.
IMG_20200207_101258.jpg

They're small at 15mm so about 3/8" and the scales are very slim to fit in a 8 x 17 cm case.

"Monday" is the cream coloured one and the only one named, "Reminol" I think. (Could be Remisol)
This is the only place this appears so I'm wondering if it's original or did a previous owner rescale this one?

They all have "Wilkinson Pall Mall London" on the tang although one or two are either covered with grim or gone.
I'll need to clean them to see properly.

[...] "Monday" is the cream coloured one and the only one named, "Reminol" I think. (Could be Remisol)
This is the only place this appears so I'm wondering if it's original or did a previous owner rescale this one? [...]

Very nice razors, I especially like the spines. And they look bigger than 3/8 to me. But according to the standards of rbscebu, you're not a real gentleman either. Just to be clear. :hand:

Not quite matching. The bottom SR is a three-pinner. Otherwise a very good start. How do you tell which blade to use each day to keep the wear even?

I bought these razors one at a time over about a years time. They are all nearly perfect Friodur 472s. Someone else added the third pin and I'm not sure why. I don't have these razors in a regular rotation as I have about 200 others and simply choose one based on how I feel at shave time LOL. BTW, I'm looking into a laser engraver for some wood working projects I have planned and I will experiment with labeling a 7 day set with the days of the week.

They're exactly 15mm so whatever that makes them in inches, close to 3/8s. (4/7's might be closer)
[picture]

But with 15mm they are exactly between 9/16 and 5/8 inch. Or like you said just 4/7, which I have never seen before in razor sizes, but looks even cooler (the hitman size :biggrin:) . :smile1:

But with 15mm they are exactly between 9/16 and 5/8 inch. Or like you said just 4/7, which I have never seen before in razor sizes, but looks even cooler. :smile1:
Yeah, I've edited my post above. I was using an excel calculator for the fractions of an inch. It seems the excel formula needs a good talking to.

Ah ok. Used to play hitman 2 about 20 years ago and bought the collection on a steam sale recently but haven't had the time to play it.
These razors are quite fragile so all I could do is shave someone within an inch of their life.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Looks like my 7-day set will be on hold for a whole. Titan have stopped shipping. Probably due to that Mexican beer virus.

Top Bottom