What's new

My .50 Kaliber Karve...

Gentlemen
I am trying to figure out how to utilize these .50 cal bullet shells for razor handles. I could just epoxy the Karve handle into the shell, but that's a waste of the original handle. So I'm now searching for less expensive brass handles to actually fit in to the shell that will accept Karve and possibly other razor heads. There's some good possibilities out there so I will pursue those. For now here's a couple of pics showing what I'm trying to do.
Cheers
IMG_2564.jpg
IMG_2565.jpg
IMG_2566.jpg

That does have a nice look to it.

What about soldering a 10/32 (or M5 x .8) brass nut on top of the shell for the head to screw into? Then grind down the nut to look like it is part of the shell casing?

Or if you have the tools, insert a brass tube into the shell and cut your own threads with a tap or die or whatever it is called?

That does have a nice look to it.

What about soldering a 10/32 (or M5 x .8) brass nut on top of the shell for the head to screw into? Then grind down the nut to look like it is part of the shell casing?

Or if you have the tools, insert a brass tube into the shell and cut your own threads with a tap or die or whatever it is called?
I thought of that , however I like the shape of some of the handles at the top which makes the handle look better. The top of the shell is 13mm in diameter and if it screws right up to the head...it doesn't look that good.

Top Bottom