What's new

My 2nd and 3rd brushes

That looks gorgeous, and looks like it would be super comfortable in your hand, great job!
Thank you. I made this handle shape to make it both beautiful and functional. I find that most handle shapes don't feel natural in the hand at all, for the sake of looking great. At least in my opinion. I think a brush should have both qualities.

It's been a while since I had the time to get in the shop, but here is brush #5, finished this weekend. It's red malee burl. I made it for a youth fundraiser auction at our church. I will be delivering it to the winner this week - i may see if i can get better pictures of it before then.
20190831_211937.jpg
20190831_211917.jpg
20190831_211906.jpg

Very elegant designs. I'm a fan of the first slim barber pole version the most. It has natural progression from the handle to the knot. It doesn't feel as the knot is burred in the handle. Reminds me of a lion's tail.

Very elegant designs. I'm a fan of the first slim barber pole version the most. It has natural progression from the handle to the knot. It doesn't feel as the knot is burred in the handle. Reminds me of a lion's tail.
Thank you! That's my favorite design as well. It's been hard to duplicate but I think I know what to do now. The trouble is that one is not in my possession any more. That design also came very close to being too narrow by the base of the knot. Cutting it that close is risky with wood, but I loved the result.

Top Bottom