What's new

My 1000th post! A look back over the last four months.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Well it was the middle of August of this year and I had just finished my morning shave. I do not recall which of the multi blades I was using at the time, I just know I hated it. I called my dad and talked to him about using the type of razor I played with as a kid. He said all he remembered is the one I played with he bought in the 60's sometime and you could adjust the settings. I did some looking on the internet and figured out it must have been a Slim.

A week later I was snooping on Ebay and on a whim I put in a bid on a Slim and one it for $24.55. When it arrived I thought cool now what do I do? I did a search on how to shave with an adjustable razor, it linked me to B&B and another site. I looked through them both and decided I liked B&B. So on 9-8-2010 I took the plunge and joined. I probably made everyone crazy with my stupid questions at first. Everyone was great and this guy by the name of Luc just kept showing up in all my Newbie posts. (Whats up with that?)

I took everyones advice and ordered an Omega boar brush, Proraso Pre shave, Proraso Shave Cream, Proraso AS and a blade sampler pack all from WCS. While I was waiting for my goodies I can remember watching Mantic59 videos every night. Since shipping is pretty fast from WCS I did not have to wait long to receive everything.

That next morning I followed all my instructions and I think it took 15 minutes for a single pass WTG. I followed the progression asked a bunch of questions and in a couple of weeks was getting a DFS. AND SOON TO FOLLOW IT BEGAN........ RAD!

In reality there is only one person to blame for that. His user name would happen to be Mementomori. He sold me my 2nd razor after the Slim. It was a Tech. I loved it and needed more. I currently have 35 razors. (Thanks David) Actually I mean that, this is the most fun I have had in a long time collecting things.

The last four months since I have been a member on this site have been an absolote blast. I think we need to come up with a term for those of us who can't get off this forum. lol. I have seen members come and go, but the core group is always here. That is what makes this so much fun, it is liking drinking in a bar with your buddies, without the smoke, and the noise, and the booze. There is no place like it where you can meet such a diverse bunch of people who all share the same passion.

I wish all of you a HAPPY NEW YEAR and a great 2011 :thumbup:

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Congrats on the 1000th post Scott!

Thank you for being here! You know, it's useless to say that you have X razors without pictures! :laugh:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Scott- Here's how bad this can get. It wasn't until March of 2009, when I had been on the site for well over three years, that I first had the opportunity to meet some of the guys (Chris [Suzuki] best describes the process as akin to internet dating). I recall Scotto casually saying something to the effect of "Yeah, we're set for life for shave gear" and we all laughed and nodded in agreement, each of us mentioning the myriad products we had accumulated by that time. I thought I already had more razors than I would ever need, and more creams than I would ever be able to finish. Fast forward to today, and all I can say is-

How the hell is it possible that I bought more crap in 2010 than in any other twelve month period? Just when you think you've explored every last avenue in this hobby, you find something else that drives you nuts, whether it's stones, aftershaves, soaps, strops, injectors, straights, brushes or whatever. I'm having more fun now than when I started, and I hope you do, too.

Scott...
Congrats on 1,000. You are right this place is addicting.

I hope you get the same memories that I have when using some of my gear... I am transported back to learning to shave with my Gramps...I'm sure memories are a big part of it for alot of us.

Really great to have you here... and by the way nice scooter...even without the training wheels:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Scott:

Congratulations on your 1,000th post. I always enjoy reading your input and aquisitions on B&B. :thumbup:

Happy New Year and may 2011 bring all of you great shaves and more gear!

Don

Nice retrospective post. I am glad you are here.
It is funny to make friends with people you correspond with on the 'Net. Lots of us do it, but it's funny.

I know what you mean about hanging around on here, with all of the deployments and other trips I know B&B is always a click away where I get hang out with some like minded guys and gals. I have more shaving gear than I'll ever use but I've also converted a bunch of my buddies with that gear. Thanks everyone for the great conversation and Happy New Year.:001_smile

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Congrats on the 1000th post Scott!

Thank you for being here! You know, it's useless to say that you have X razors without pictures! :laugh:

Luc my friend stay tuned.......hopefully by the time the weekend is over all of my razors and other gear will be photographed and cataloged in my photos section. If you are good I will even let you have the link. :laugh:

Luc

Staff member
Luc my friend stay tuned.......hopefully by the time the weekend is over all of my razors and other gear will be photographed and cataloged in my photos section. If you are good I will even let you have the link. :laugh:

:laugh:

Nice, thanks Scott! Don't spend too many rolls of film on it and don't do like many directors, putting some "extra" in the background that were in the front row in the previous scene!

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
I'm innocent! I swear it!

Scott, thanks for the "shout out," as the kids say. It's good to have you around.

David......Innocent I am not sure, but I sure appreciate you being the cause of my RAD, and the knowledge I have learned from you.

Nice, thanks Scott! Don't spend too many rolls of film on it and don't do like many directors, putting some "extra" in the background that were in the front row in the previous scene!

Rolls of film?????? Have digital cameras not made it to Australia yet? Man someone PIF this guy a digital.:laugh::lol::laugh:

1000 posts in four months? You stay at that pace and you will catch up with Ouch!:lol:
It's been fun reading your posts Scott. It's great having you here and a Happy New Year to you and yours!

Luc

Staff member
David......Innocent I am not sure, but I sure appreciate you being the cause of my RAD, and the knowledge I have learned from you.

Rolls of film?????? Have digital cameras not made it to Australia yet? Man someone PIF this guy a digital.:laugh::lol::laugh:

Ah you know, everything takes a little while to get here... :laugh:

Top Bottom