What's new

My .02 on Exchange Select DE Razor Blades

I know these blades have been reviewed on this forum already. I recently found them at the PX on Fort Knox and for just under 15 cents per blade I decided I had nothing to lose but a buck forty nine so I picked up a ten pack. I'm pretty new to the DE razor and wet shaving. So far I've tried Merkur and Feather blades and I liked them both. The feather blades do seem a bit sharper than the Merkur blades, but both gave me a very nice shave. The Exchange Select blades are made in Israell and distributed through a company in Virginia. My first impression of them is that they are every bit as good as the Merkur and Feather blades that I have already tried. After reading several reviews on here I've determined that my face isn't nearly as sensitive or discerning as many others who post reviews here. Anyway, for those of you who are military and have access to these fine blades I recommend that you at least try them. For the money they are hard to beat and, for as long as they are available at the PX, they will be my go to DE razor blade.

$IMG_6565.jpg$IMG_6568.jpg$XS DE Blade Info.jpg

Yes, just the standard Personnas - same dispenser and everything.

Here's the 'Manufacturer Branded' version - available from WCS:

View attachment 402810

The ones you get have no branding on the dispenser, they just print a different cardboard hanger for the blister pack for each 'Generic Brand' order.

Last edited:
I went to my local PX and picked up a pack of these blades. The package was identical to the pictures posted here, except it doesnt say "Blades made in Israel." No statement as to where the blades were made. Took them out for my first shave, smooth and good sharpness. Not as sharp as a Feather though.

I went to my local PX and picked up a pack of these blades. The package was identical to the pictures posted here, except it doesnt say "Blades made in Israel." No statement as to where the blades were made. Took them out for my first shave, smooth and good sharpness. Not as sharp as a Feather though.

I have Feather blades too and they are very nice. I think my face just isn't as sensitive because I don't notice a great difference between the Feathers, Merkur and the Exchange Select. I've gotten great shaves with all of them, but the Exchange Select brand is less expensive. Every face is different. I definitely don't have anything bad to say about Feather blades though. They are excellent blades.

I use these blades when I'm in between sample packs. They are descent and usually my baseline when comparing blades as I have a pack always in the house. For the price and availability they can't be beat. My new favorite blade is the Gillette 7 o'clock black box.

Top Bottom