What's new

Mwf

I tried MWF for the first time today and what an interesting experience it was. I purchased the soap from Lee's a couple of weeks ago, put it in its ceramic container and let it sit in the bathroom. When I opened the lid this morning, it was evident that the soap had dried out some because the top felt a bit scratchy. Anyway, I soak my brush, squeezed out the excess water and started to lather.

Initially, my lather was on the thin side so I continued working the brush on the puck and then on my face. As much as I like the T&H soap, this soap is even better!! I've got the smoothest shave yet. The lubricity of this soap is incredible. After completing my 2 pass shave and rinsing of my face, my skin had a nice soft feel and I like the clean scent that the soap leaves.

I am going to need to work on modify my lathering technique with this soap but that's the fun part of wet shaving. MWF is definitely a keeper!!

Preach it brother, Mitchell's Wool Fat is awesome. It does take a bit more water then any other soap I've tried, but it is one fine, FINE, shaving soap.

You're right about it drying out. I leave mine in a ceramic jar without a lid. My soap is cracked and dry but as soon as I soak it in some water, it's all better!:thumbup:

You're right about it drying out. I leave mine in a ceramic jar without a lid. My soap is cracked and dry but as soon as I soak it in some water, it's all better!:thumbup:

Mine is exposed in a large mug and everytime I wet it still works great, I used it today as a matter of fact. Wonderful stuff.

Today was my second day with MWF and my results were even better!! What I did differently was to squeeze out the excess water foam my brush and then start to lather. I then added a little bit of water as necessary to get the lather to the right consistency. What I ended up with was a very thick and very lubricating lather. MWF is definitely the best soap I have tried so far.

Same here. I'd like to hear from someone who feels they have a product that produces better lather than MWF.

Paul

Same here. I'd like to hear from someone who feels they have a product that produces better lather than MWF.

Paul

I have MANY soaps that produce better lather than MWF. It's a fine soap and all, but I'm not overly impressed with it. Especially when you consider price, I think it's vastly overrated.

I have MANY soaps that produce better lather than MWF. It's a fine soap and all, but I'm not overly impressed with it. Especially when you consider price, I think it's vastly overrated.

Don't get me wrong, I like my MWF, but I'll take my Trumpers, Tabac, T&H and TGQ over the the MWF.

You guys have much greater exposure to soaps than myself, in an effort to learn, what is it aside from price that makes these soaps better. I currently also use T&H, which I do like. However, I feel that MWF has better lubricity. I realize that in wet shaving YMMY prevails, however, it's good to hear other members opinions. It greatly helps in the learning process.

I agree, I don't know if MWF is the best. For single best lather, I'd have to give it to Tabac. I don't know, something about this stuff. Not only is it easy to achieve superfluous lather in the bowl, the stuff is so thick I get meringue-like peaks on my face. The quality of the lather itself is just outstanding; slick, shiny and rich. The resulting shaves speak for themselves.

You guys have much greater exposure to soaps than myself, in an effort to learn, what is it aside from price that makes these soaps better. I currently also use T&H, which I do like. However, I feel that MWF has better lubricity. I realize that in wet shaving YMMY prevails, however, it's good to hear other members opinions. It greatly helps in the learning process.

Personally, and take this from someone you doesn't have the best of water, I find it a little lacking in the lubricity department. To get the most performance out of it, I have to make it a bit on the dry site, where the slickness is reduced. I'm really splitting hairs here, so I don't want anyone to think I feel it's not a good soap. It's a very good soap, but not quite there with some of my favorites. Additionally, the scent is rather pedestrian to me. It doesn't knock my socks off.

Tabac, T&H ... ok, fine.

But do they really produce better lather for shaving?

I don't hear anyone making a clear claim.

Tabac, T&H ... ok, fine.

But do they really produce better lather for shaving?

I don't hear anyone making a clear claim.

Its really personal preference and what works for you - I've bought soaps based on rave reviews only to sell it after a couple of uses - just didn't do it for me.

well, if anyone in the UK or europe are interested, , 5 pounds for the puck and 15 for the puck with the ceramic bowl,

I tried it today for the first time from a sample. Really nice soap.
I think its worthy of a permanent place in the rotation

Top Bottom