What's new

MWF w/ Ceramic Bowl Contest - College FB Bowl Pick 'em

No such luck, great game last night. As a fan of the game in general, I would always rather have a close, exciting game than a blowout on either side. But.... I did get a bit nervous after halftime. Much credit to the Hogs, great game and nothing to be ashamed of.

It was exciting to watch, but Arkansas's offense was riddled with mistakes, dropped passes, and the fact that Mallet can't survive a blitz if it meant his life.

It was exciting to watch, but Arkansas's offense was riddled with mistakes, dropped passes, and the fact that Mallet can't survive a blitz if it meant his life.
Yea, even with all of that, when Arkansas blocked that punt, I thought "Game over..." Oh well. It was still a great game. Congrats to your team, cstokes... it was a hard-fought battle, but they hung on.

BTW, I will be going out of town tomorrow morning (to see the Tigers beat up on the Aggies in the Cotton Bowl) through Monday morning, so I'll post an update tonight with the Orange and Sugar bowl results and will try to post the final standings on Tuesday morning after the Cotton bowl (Geaux Tigers!!!) and National Championship games have been played.

With only one game to go, Breck and jwalker are in a dead heat for first place. Tonight's game will be "winner takes all" as Breck has picked Auburn and jwalker has sided with Oregon. May the best man (and team) win!

Breck 16
jwalker 16
flat tire 15
Scottie 15
bullit 15
Dave in the basement 15

fortyandthree 14
docfitch 14
Charles Darwin 14
TheVez2 14
Casey 14
Herring 14
cstokes4 14
sid3000 13
Troggie 13
npsarros 13
ddstb 13
shipr 13
wanztb4 13
GatorShaver 13
chococrazy 12
RaisingTheBar 12
DamnFineBob 12
73mountaineer 12
mikey 12
greenerock 12
kellicat 11
cnnc97 11
timmy 11
Kilgore13 11
DunEdinRanger 10
texaninkc 10
leb611 10
americanarmsdealer 9
Munxcub 9
auk1124 9
Mike H 8
DaveAri 8
Ironman06 8
gull 7
DrColossus11 7

I think you should win something for taking the time to track and update us all. Thanks for hosting a fun PIF! :thumbup1:

Dave

Thanks, Dave. Really all the credit should be given to Microsoft Excel :thumbup1: After the initial set up of about 30 minutes or so, all I've been doing is entering who won each game and pasting the output here. And believe me, I've enjoyed this PIF as much as you have!

docfitch said:
Great PIF. I'm surprised I stayed as high in the standings as I did.

Ken

Good job! I was honestly surprised to see that it was so close at the top down the stretch. Luckily (for me anyway) we'll have a clear cut winner and no controversy!!

Well, as you may or may not know, Auburn won the National Championship game on a field goal as time expired last night. As a result of the last second field goal, the winner of the almost-new MWF in Ceramic Bowl is

Breck :clap::a14:

In addition to scoring the most overall points (with the included bonus points) Breck was one of the 8 participants who correctly predicted 12/17 games. Congrats to Breck and thanks to everyone who played my little game... I enjoyed it!

Woot!!

Thanks Jon for putting on a great PIF. I don't know when I've had more fun in a football pool just anyway, and the prize is a great bonus!

Really looking forward to adding MWF to the rotation - er, well, I guess since I only have Tabac to date, MWF will technically *create* the rotation, but you guys know what I mean...

Thanks again to John, and well played, everyone!

--Breck

Went right to the wire. Thanks for putting in the effort to update this PIF, it made the bowl games that much better.

Top Bottom