What's new

MWF question

Legion

Staff member
I recently got hold of a puck of MWF soap which I have been using with great success. My only concern is that I read somewhere that soaps containing lanolin will eventually "glug up" a good badger brush. Is this something I should be concerned about? And if it is true, is there a way of "deglugging" my brush?

You can clean badger hair in the same stuff that you clean people hair in (of course best to pick one without perfume and all the other nonsense) and a toothbrush to remove the build-up at the base of the knot.

..michael

I've heard the same thing regarding lanolin and shaving brushes, although I don't know if it's true or not. I rarely use shaving agents that contain lanolin. However, even non-lanolin creams and soaps still can leave a soap-scum residue on your brush, especially if you have hard water, so knowing how to clean your brush(es) is a good thing. There are various methods of "deglugging," including detergent based cleansers (e.g., dishwashing liquid, hand soap), borax, and white vinegar, or a combination thereof. Em's Place features a special website containing informational videos, including a great tutorial on how to clean shaving brushes. It should tell you what you need to know.

Top Bottom