What's new

MWF Post shave feel on the cheap.

Palmolive stick has always been one of my favourite soaps. Scent, slickness and overall ease of use. The only negative being it left my face quite dry. Last week I bought a tub of E45 and used a couple of small blobs instead of aftershave. The post shave feel now matches MWF and l couldn’t be happier, the E45 has added an extra dimension to the Palmolive that I’m very happy with. I will continue using both in conjunction until my stockpile runs out.

As MWF is itself pretty fairly priced... i recommend grating it 50/50 with your Palmolive stick, mix them and stuff into a twist up container (either the ones from shave Nation etc or any spare empty deodorant twist up you may have.).

All the shave stick ease of use with the added MWF lanolin bonus, and great value.

I do this with Arko & MWF = 'WoolKo', and it also works well with Cella & MWF = 'Mitchella' ;-)

(The Cella is so soft either freeze overnight before grating, or maybe just spread it out and knead in grated MWF).

As MWF is itself pretty fairly priced... i recommend grating it 50/50 with your Palmolive stick, mix them and stuff into a twist up container (either the ones from shave Nation etc or any spare empty deodorant twist up you may have.).

All the shave stick ease of use with the added MWF lanolin bonus, and great value.

I do this with Arko & MWF = 'WoolKo', and it also works well with Cella & MWF = 'Mitchella' ;-)

(The Cella is so soft either freeze overnight before grating, or maybe just spread it out and knead in grated MWF).
I did this years ago and it worked really well.👍 I never got on with Cella because of the marzipan scent. It’s performance was top notch though. Valobra menthol was my favourite soft soap, one small brick lasted months.

Last edited:

This morning I used Palmolive/ La toja and got very good results using a Razorock keyhole 22mm Plissoft. Tomorrow I’ll give Fat Olive a try. I’ve used them both together before and they make a fantastic Frankensoap.

Top Bottom