Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
MWF OCtober
Monday, October 7
SLOC
Nacet(9)
Cremo Horsey
MWF
As per usual, time was spent, a nice lather was had. The 1st pass was light as a breeze, as the open comb memory came back in a flash. Only WTG on 2nd pass face and neck. Could have gone ATG, didn't need to. I did feel the blade during the shave, I think that is a characteristic of this razor. Witch hazel felt nice and cool, the Amici felt nice also, but leaves a little sticky feeling at first. DFS

20191007_214729[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
MWF OCtober
Tuesday, October 8
Merkur15C-Nacet(10)
Omega 10066
MWF

Sprinkled some lemon drops in the mug water. Meh. Pretty nice lather. The Nacet still is giving me feedback, but not really dragging. Just doesn't feel efficient. No real irritation, maybe the Gillette Platinum spoiled me? 1st pass WTG felt just ok. 2nd pass XTG nothing exciting to write home about. As I still felt stubble on my neck, went full ATG 3rd pass neck, for a really close shave. A really nice shave actually. A BBS, but not a DFS, because I felt the Witch hazel, and the AV really woke me up. 4 hours later felt rough.....
20191008_163643[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
MWF OCtober
Wednesday, October 9
Piccolo
Nacet(11)
Omega 10066
MWF
Nice lather. 1st pass still feeling the blade. 2nd pass XTG can feel the blade cutting. Still enough stubble that I did a 3rd pass ATG neck. I could feel the Whitch hazel, and the AV really was a blast as in too much ATG............. Very Close Shave, needs new blade.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
MWF OCtober
Thursday, October 10
GC68
Nacet(12)
Omega 10066
MWF

I know, the GC isn't an OC, but this particular Nacet has not given me a really decent shave in any of my OC's, and I wanted to give it a try in the GC bvefore I bin it.
Nice lather, in time. I think it is time to bin this blade, It feels the same in every razor. 1st pass regular WTG. 2nd pass regular WTG/XTG. Pretty decent shave. I think I will try a Gillette Platinum again. OK Shave.
20191010_162900[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
MWF OCtober
Friday, October 11
Piccolo
Super Nacet(1)
Omega 10066
MWF

I found a Super Nacet, put it in the Piccolo, and we are back to OC's for the rest of the month.
50 swirls was enough for a comfy lather. I felt the blade under my nose and a little around my lips, and the blade smoothed out for the rest of the 1st pass. One pass would have been enough, but I still had a bowl full of lather. So a nice 2nd pass was to be had mainly XTG. Very smooth. The Whitch hazel was refreshing, and I used the Veg for a splendid finish to a nice shave.
DFS

20191011_192158[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
MWF OCtober
Piccolo Super
Nacet(2)
Omega 10066
MWF
I was in a bit of a hurry, and the lather was pretty light for the 1st pass. Went back to the puck for a few swirls, and the and the 2nd pass lather was much better. The shave was only OK, I don't like being rushed, I felt the Whitch hazel some, and the Amici splash gave me a quick sting.
Next time I'm in a hurry I will whip up some Arko..........

SAS

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
MWF OCtober
Sunday, October 13
Piccolo
Super Nacet(3)
Omega S
MWF

I wasn't in a hurry today, but my hands were tired from moving engines around and I didn't want to spend half my shave making lather. The synthetic brush did it's job, I got a nice lather and a pretty nice shave. 1st pass normal WTG, I can still feel the blade under my nose and around my lips. 2nd pass lather was nice, just took it easy mostly XTG. The Whitch hazel felt OK, and the AV made itself pronounced but felt great afterwards.
DFS
20191013_142307[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Not MWF OCtober

Sunday, October 20
Picollo
Super Nacet(4)
Omega boar
What The Puck

I started out the month with MWF after seeing that it gets a lot of love here. For me, it is only marginally better than Williams Mug Soap, at 10 times the price. It also takes twice as long as all of my other soaps to get a nice lather. So while I will keep the MWF around, I am going back to my usual WTP and Mike's, with Arko making appearances along with TFS, WMS and Cremo.

Pretty decent lather. With 6 days growth it took a bit of brushing my face to build a nice cushion. I could still feel a lot of blade as it mowed almost effortlessly through the growth. I could feel a bit of tugging on my chin, more than usual. I only trimmed my sideburns even with my earlobes. 1 pass only WTG. The Witch hazel felt nice as did the Amici. No irritation.
SAS
20191020_202722[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Not MWF OCtober

Monday, October 21
Picollo
Nacet(1)
Cremo Horsey
Williams Mug Soap

I started with a damp brush, not enough to get suds, just light and creamy. I didn't add much water, but took my time with it like MWF. It never got foamy at all and lathered up OK. I was using a fresh blade and it felt really comfortable. So maybe the Super Nacets are not so Super. I think I will try the MWF again with this new blade to see if that is what made the difference. 2 pass WTG. Witch hazel nice and cool, the Amici only gave a light notice, then cooled off nice.

DFS
20191021_181911[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
While I absolutely love my OC razors, last night I used my birth quarter Gillette Red Tip (A4) as last night was my birthday!
Paired with a Nacet(8) and What the Puck Orange Sunrise, I whipped up a nice creamy lather with my synthetic Omega S brush.
2 passes, the first WTG, the 2nd XTG, and never did I feel the blade, I only felt it slice through my stubble.
The Witch hazel felt like a rinse of cool water, and the Aqua Velva also left me with a cooling effect and not a hint of sting.

It was one of my best shaves of the month.
20191028_201751[2].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
MWF October

Wednesday, October 30
55 Red Tip
Gillette Platinum(1)
The Boss(White Knight)
MWF

I got a tuck of the Gillette Platinum blades when I got my Merkur15C in July, and I got 24 shaves with the first blade. I decided to try one with my favorite Gillette and give MWF another chance. I had used it for the first 2 weeks this month and wasn't really impressed.
Well maybe it was the blade, razor, or brush combo, but tonight's shave was really nice.
20191030_190710[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Thursday, October 31
GC 84
Gillette Platinum(2)
The Boss
MWP

For the last shave of the month I decided to use the 84 baseplate in my Game Changer 68. This is only the 2nd time I have used the 84 plate and it didn't disappoint. What is surprising is it does not feel aggressive at all, just really smooth. While I noticed my Red Tip buzzing a bit yesterday, the Game Changer was singing to me.

I started out with a pretty damp brush, did about 100 swirls and lots of whipping up a nice lather. The 1st pass WTG, right away the GC went to work around my lips with ease. With light to no pressure the blade just does it's job effortlessly. The 2nd pass was mostly XTG with lots of stretching and the GC just singing away. I could hear it cutting but it was super smooth.
I got 24 shaves with my first Gillette Platinum, and this blade feels like it is also gonna give me a lot of comfortable shaves.
Really nice and close shave. The Witch hazel just felt cool and so did the AV, not a hint of irritation.

DFS
20191031_194650[1].jpg

Top Bottom