You likely over-soaked the puck and the lanolin leached out.I try to check out these MWF threads now and then and I've not yet come upon anyone having an experience like mine. I was having trouble loading my brush by just blooming so I figured I would try hydrating every other day for a week. When I went to try it out I was presented with the most unusual sight. There was a thick layer of clear material sitting on top of the puck. Had the consistency of mucous. I tried to load up hoping that this stuff would recombine with the rest of the puck but no dice so down the drain it went. After that I would get a decent looking lather but there was nothing slick about it. Perhaps it was a bad puck but there's too many excellent other soaps out there for me to bother trying over and over.