What's new

MWF in Bowl for $35!

Okay, our guidelines sound quite reasonable. Next question, who is it that is banned? Their failure to abide by fairly straight forward rules makes me less inclined to give them my business. Can someone PM me?

TIA

I received my order from the British vendor who may not be mentioned yesterday, so I received my MWF in the ceramic bowl and the extra puck I ordered. The only problem is the ceramic bowl was cracked into the 3 pieces even though the Mitchell's box and the shipping box show no signs of damage. I've email the vendor and we'll see how they want to handle it.

I got this in but the puck is quite a bit smaller then the bowl, any suggestions on making it fit, I was considering melting it, or milling it.. any thoughts?

I too would appreciate a PM with the banned list so I don't cause a ruckus by accidentally mentioning one of them.

I got this in but the puck is quite a bit smaller then the bowl, any suggestions on making it fit, I was considering melting it, or milling it.. any thoughts?

I had this problem as well when I first started using MWF. I put the soap in the bowl and filled it with water, and let it sit with the lid on for about 4 days. The water absorbed into the soap, which caused to expand and soften. Then I dumped the water out and pushed the edges of the soap into the edge of the bowl. Now it fits the bowl perfectly. I would also recommend keeping the lid on at all times when you are storing the soap so that the puck stays slightly damp. This will prevent cracking.

I bought my MWF bowl and puck in the UK from Carbolic for $27 shipped.

Quick stupid question, I'm still on the fence about MWF but bought the puck and dish because I was curious and I could pass up the great deal, because of its thick creamy goodness, do you consider MWF more of a fall/winter soap?

Quick stupid question, I'm still on the fence about MWF but bought the puck and dish because I was curious and I could pass up the great deal, because of its thick creamy goodness, do you consider MWF more of a fall/winter soap?
I consider it an "any time of the year" soap! It's just that good!! :biggrin:

I think because of it's light, fresh scent and moisturizing properties, it's a good year-round soap. Some people (not me) even claim that they don't need any aftershave after using MWF, which would probably be a bonus in the summer.

I think because of it's light, fresh scent and moisturizing properties, it's a good year-round soap. Some people (not me) even claim that they don't need any aftershave after using MWF, which would probably be a bonus in the summer.

Because of its moisturizing properties, I'm thinking that MWF may be a better fall/winter soap for me. I know shea butter soaps are great for me during the winter but because I have oily skin, they are too moisturizing during the summer. I'm thinking that lanolin may treat me the same as shea butter but I guess it depends on personal preference.

....because of its thick creamy goodness, do you consider MWF more of a fall/winter soap?
I agree that it works best as a winter time soap when the humidity is lower and one's skin is dry, as it leaves the skin feeling more moisturized than most soaps. Of course it works great year round, but I have too many other soaps and creams that I enjoy, so MWF takes a back seat during the summer for me.

Top Bottom