What's new

MWF - got there in the end with the fat!

I'm now a paid up member of the MWF fan club.

Experienced difficulties with getting a decent lather initially.

Found that a combination of moistening the soap before I get into the shower (it seems to absorb water), loading like I hate it, and a bit more time lathering (I face lather) got the results. I use an Omega boar and I get more than enough for three passes and any required touch ups.

Love the scent, and it's a creamy smooth shave.

Just wanted to share as I've read that a few others find it challenging to get dialled in so my learnings might be useful.

I've got a puck of MWF sitting on the bench, waiting to get into the game. I was waiting until I could find a soap mug I could cover. Covering isn't an issue with my other soaps, but with MWF, from what I've been reading and from what you confirmed, hydration is key. Covering the soap can only aid that, I'm thinking.

Are you keeping your soap in a closed container between shaves?

MWF has recently beat out Tabac as my favorite. Might be in the minority, but it always lathers very easily for me and I like how it makes my face feel after the shave.

With MWF, the ends always justify the means. If people would give it some time and patience, they would discover that the lanoline is the best thing on earth....even worth the learning curve and lets face it, its just a matter of learning how to make lather with soap, no feat of enormous skill involved. I'm almost positive that its the patience you showed and the fact that the Fat choses the face. Enjoy those amazing shaves.

With MWF, the ends always justify the means. If people would give it some time and patience, they would discover that the lanoline is the best thing on earth....even worth the learning curve and lets face it, its just a matter of learning how to make lather with soap, no feat of enormous skill involved. I'm almost positive that its the patience you showed and the fact that the Fat choses the face. Enjoy those amazing shaves.
Indeed...this is true for any and all soaps. Each one is different. It's worth the effort to learn the technique(s)!

MWF lathers like crazy in my water here in the northeast. I think it's a bit on the hard side (treated water from a reservoir).

I have zero issues and it provides a blade cushion like none other. Good stuff if you haven't tried it.

I keep MWF uncovered in a White Castle coffee mug. If I haven't used it for some time (I think I saw this on You Tube somewhere) I will actually submerge the entire mug in the sink whilst I shower. The ensuing lather (usually with a boar brush), shave, and post are typically amazing with this technique IMO.

I've got a puck of MWF sitting on the bench, waiting to get into the game. I was waiting until I could find a soap mug I could cover. Covering isn't an issue with my other soaps, but with MWF, from what I've been reading and from what you confirmed, hydration is key. Covering the soap can only aid that, I'm thinking.

Are you keeping your soap in a closed container between shaves?

Mine is in an Old Spice Mug, which is too small really, but I like seeing them on my sink.! It was difficult to get in but a combination of rolling it on a hard surface and leaving the mug in hot water to soften the edges worked.

Its kept uncovered, and I can see cracks on the top from where it dries out. So my pre-moistening which would be the time it takes me to shower, seems to be enough.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I've said it before and I'll say it again- a dab of Musgo Real cream on top of the MWF makes for a heavenly combination.

I get consistently good results using cold water. Fluffy sheen peaks you could fall asleep on.

I even apply this between shaving days when the razor stays dry. If I'm skipping a shave, I don't see why I should deny my face the benefits of such an excellent moisturizing soap! I'll go through the whole routine from shower, preshave and applying the MWF - then let it sit for a few minutes, rinse and repeat until the carpet of satin goodness is gone.

Top Bottom