What's new

MWF Ceramic Dish...

I bought a puck of MWF but without the dish. Does anyone know where I could get just a dish? I wish I wouldve just bought the dish as it looks so sexy!

Not sure you can buy it standalone (sans soap) from a vendor. But if you post a WTB on the B/S/T...I'm sure you'll get lucky.

That said...you could always jump on both and then resell the soap on the BST yourself...may be the quickest way to get the dish!

I waited a long time to get mine...now that I have it, its one of my favorite overall shave pieces in my den...very classic look!

Maybe I'll try the WTB... It is a very classy looking bowl in picture and I'm sure looks better in hand.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I've owned it and it is fairly handsome....I'd really prefer an early mid 20th Century MWF container.... sans Screenprint...most likely a transferware type product....NEVER have seen an old one...ask about it from time to time but no one ever produces one and Ive never seen one on ebay that is specific to Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap....

I am very fond of MWF and have it in my rotation and look forward to when it comes around again. The presentation in the ceramic dish is very enjoyable and adds to the shaving experience. It reminds me of when my Dad and Grandfather used soap and creams in ceramic dishes. I am fortunate to have some of them.

The most obvious solution to your dilemma is to buy MWF in the ceramic dish and save your existing puck for when the one in the dish is gone. I think that you will enjoy MWF so much that it will be a regular part of your shaving experience. I think that Phil at Bullgoose has it for a reasonable price (I know that I paid under 35.00 for mine from him a while ago) as I am sure other vendors do as well.

The BST is a good idea as well.

Happy shaving,

Doug

I was lucky with my purchase, got it from the tk max store, the price with the bowl was way under the standard price for the soap/bowl.

da fat lathers without the ceramic dish? heresay

Lathers beautifully from a vintage Old Spice mug! :thumbup:

I bought the Kent branded MWF, in the wooden bowl, and transferred it straight to the OS mug...Mrs Pumpkin got the bowl for "stuff" :lol:

Lathers beautifully from a vintage Old Spice mug! :thumbup:

I bought the Kent branded MWF, in the wooden bowl, and transferred it straight to the OS mug...Mrs Pumpkin got the bowl for "stuff" :lol:

Seems to me it WOULD lather better in vintage OS mug than in a wooden bowl. :biggrin1:

Top Bottom