What's new

MWF Bath Soap gives me a headache

I shave with Mitchell's Wool Fat (MWF) shaving soap without issue, in fact, it is one of my top three shaving soaps. Therefore, the idea of a MWF bathing soap appealed to me so I ordered a couple of bars. The MWF bathing soap performed excellently for me in every regard except scent. I don't know exactly what it is but it gives me a headache which is unfortunate. I really wanted to like this soap, but alas, it was not meant for me. My normal bathing soap comes from Chagrin Valley Soap but I don't mind trying other products now and then.

For others who don't have an adverse reaction to the scent I salute you on an otherwise excellent bath bar.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I usually find that a soap that does not agree with me gives me the itches. I don't remember ever getting a headache from a soap before but I have received plenty of itches. Sorry for you headache. I'd rather scratch that have a headache.

I usually find that a soap that does not agree with me gives me the itches. I don't remember ever getting a headache from a soap before but I have received plenty of itches. Sorry for you headache. I'd rather scratch that have a headache.
Thanks, ajkel64. I am super sensitive to scents and that can get in the way of life in general sometimes. That little blue-haired lady who thinks if a little perfume is good then a lot of perfume is better will force me to relocate in a theater, church or similar. I remember a chemistry lab where we were focusing on the how different molecules smelled differently, I just about ended up in the hospital that day!

I tried MWF bath soap a couple of years ago. No itching or headaches, but it smelled exactly like a grilled lamb chop. very unpleasant in the shower.

I’ve mentioned this here before, and no one else has spoken up about having this experience. So maybe I got soap from a bad batch.

Interesting update. I set the bar of soap aside for a few days and now I can use it. Either it aired out or I gradually got used to it, but I use it all the time now and it is wonderful just as I had hoped.

Never give up! The race is not always to the swift and the fight is not always to the strong, but that is the way to bet. :)

Very strange. MWF bath soap isn't terribly strong smelling. The coumarin and linalool that are in it are probably in 80% of male oriented scents. It smells just like an old fougere, very similar to Valobra Fougere bath soap.

Reactions: nav
Top Bottom