What's new

MVS Award

We all tend to acquire lots of stuff in this madness, I mean hobby. Out of all the stuff that you have picked up lately, what are you really impressed with more than the others? Think of it as a "Most Valuable Shaving" award. Could be a brush, soap, cream, razor, balm, you name it.

I'll start us out. Having recently acquired a whole slew of creams and soaps, I am really blown away by the Truefitt and Hill hard shave soap. Man, this stuff lathers like an absolute beast. Equal or better than the best cream. The aroma is top-notch, and the shave is even better. Really phenomenal, and a must-try item.

OK, whos next?

Hate to say it...but....Tend Skin.

I have very problematic skin and this saves my life. You would never think I had problematic skin since I began using Tend Skin years ago.

I wish I could do without it....but I cant.

I did a trade with Richard for a shave stick of QED's Patchouli/Tea Tree/Peppermint. First thing I did was melt it down. I used it once and put it away. Yesterday I re-visited this soap...wow! Snow drifts of lather, powerful aroma, lubrication beyond belief! This is the soap I will use the rest of the week!

Randy

Shermdog said:
Hate to say it...but....Tend Skin.

I have very problematic skin and this saves my life. You would never think I had problematic skin since I began using Tend Skin years ago.

I wish I could do without it....but I cant.

Which of their products do you use? Do you use it for razor burns or ingrown hair? How fast do you get results? Have your tried their body lotion?

roughrider said:
Which of their products do you use? Do you use it for razor burns or ingrown hair? How fast do you get results? Have your tried their body lotion?

I use the Tend Skin Solution. I use it for both burn and ingrown hairs. I have used it almost every shave for years and it is a godsend for me. Results take a couple days and then if used regularly, you will stay ingrown and burn free. Probem is, it is very aggressive and will burn upon application. I have learned to love the burn over the years so it doesnt bother me. Also, I found that it helps clear up the occasional pimple. My skin in clearer from using it.

I have never used their lotion. Have you?

Shermdog said:
I use the Tend Skin Solution. I use it for both burn and ingrown hairs. I have used it almost every shave for years and it is a godsend for me. Results take a couple days and then if used regularly, you will stay ingrown and burn free. Probem is, it is very aggressive and will burn upon application. I have learned to love the burn over the years so it doesnt bother me. Also, I found that it helps clear up the occasional pimple. My skin in clearer from using it.

I have never used their lotion. Have you?

I e-mailed Tend Skin and requested some samples of the Tend Skin liquid, body lotion, and air shave gel.

roughrider said:
I e-mailed Tend Skin and requested some samples of the Tend Skin liquid, body lotion, and air shave gel.

Before I discovered DE shaving and English creams, I used the AirShave Gel. It is very good for a brushless. Although I will never go back to AirShave Gel and a Gillete Sensor, I would recommend AirShave to those friends of mine who will never convert. :wink:

Tend Skin Solution, however, I can't live without.

Shermdog said:
Before I discovered DE shaving and English creams, I used the AirShave Gel. It is very good for a brushless. Although I will never go back to AirShave Gel and a Gillete Sensor, I would recommend AirShave to those friends of mine who will never convert. :wink:

Tend Skin Solution, however, I can't live without.

I figure it's worth a shot while requesting samples. :biggrin:

Owing to my tardiness and overwhelming acquistion obsessions, I only recently tried some of the goodies I have purchased some time ago. My French soaps are right up there with the three T's... So those are must trys, but I recently acquireed some J.&E. Atkinsons I'Coloniali products that are really great. I would really recommend to anyone who likes the sealing capabilities of the Trumpers skin foods, but misses the moisturizing capabilites of T&H or C&E or DR Harris balms try the I'Coloniali Aftershave Balm with mango kernel oil. Its got it all in one WONDERFUL balm. Definitely the MVS of the Month.
There it is sitting under my Shavemac Seifenschaummeister.
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom