What's new

Mustache and Sideburns

I have been trying to grow out these thick low hanging sideburns and I also want my full mustache it is coming in nicely I would be interested in knowing how the other forum members where there facial fur. lol.

I have always had a mustache since before I could grow a real one. My wife has only seen me without one after a military school, where it wasn't allowed. I now have a beard, which is quite gray.

Sent via mobile - Chris

I always have sideburns. When I get a haircut I have him bring them to bottom of the ear, I then trim them up and let them grow until my next haircut. I have down the goatee before but the wife is not a fan.

I have the "ring beard" or van dyke. I've pretty much had a stache since I could grow one (so about 32 years) and different variations on the full beard, mutton chops and this stage. I generally keep them tightly trimmed but lately I've been letting it grow out until the wife complains.

Mustache.. trying to get it to handlebar shape but can't keep it well enough waxed since I like to use some wax to keep it somewhat controlled but I don't like the plastered look..

sideburns have varied over the years but mostly to mid-ear.

I have a pencil moustache a.k.a "The Gomez Addams" as well as a soul patch that I have had since I began growing facial hair 8 years ago.
I wish the stache was a bit thicker though. I have a spot on the right side middle portion that refuses to grown in thick.

I started with goatee and stache at 19. It was pretty weak back then, but I grew it anyway. I shaved it once at 20, and immediately started growing it back. It changes size and shape with the seasons, but I always keep at least the stache and something on the chin. Currently it is a full beard and over 4 inches long if pulled straight, more like 3 with the curls and waves . I still cleanup the lines though, and shave my head almost every day.

i may look a little strange here but this is my stache as seen today. i have not cut it at all in about a year. it is finally getting easier, in that i can just comb it to the sides now. this is natural with not wax or other aids.

$20170123_121908.jpg
i have had facial hair of some kind for the last 30 years, usually a circle beard because that was the easiest to maintain with the least trouble to shave. then i got in to DE, and now SE shaving and i wanted to shave have more facial real estate to use my vintage blades one. so now i just sport the handle-bar.

i may look a little strange here but this is my stache as seen today. i have not cut it at all in about a year. it is finally getting easier, in that i can just comb it to the sides now. this is natural with not wax or other aids.

I have had facial hair of some kind for the last 30 years, usually a circle beard because that was the easiest to maintain with the least trouble to shave. then i got in to DE, and now SE shaving and i wanted to shave have more facial real estate to use my vintage blades one. so now i just sport the handle-bar.
Nice! I've attempted to add a handle bar to my beard a few times, but can't handle the eating it. So I wind up grabbing the scissors. I do leave the ends a bit longer and some times put it into a subtle western though.

it is tough to grow it out in the middle, and for a while even with wax, it would curl into my mouth on the right side. not that it is longer i can just comb it out into a big curl in the morning and it just stays. i can make it all sharper with some wax or got-2b-glued. actually if anyone is thinking of growing one out into a handlebar the got-2b-glued was good even earlier on. it can really hold all day and not end up with stiffer curls going the wrong way later in the day.

it is hard to get past that awkward length, but it is rewarding when you do...... i felt like i got past it after about 9 months.

I have had a mustache (for the most part) since I could grow one. For the past few years I have sported a handlebar.

Top Bottom