What's new

Music while shaving?

Does anyone here listen to music while they shave? I would prefer to, but currently the only way I can do that is to blast music from another room, which isn't very practical (esp. early in the morning)

Does anyone use a cd player? I was looking at those "shower" radio/cd players, but it seemed like I would be paying a lot for the ability to play it inside the shower (which I don't need to) and most seem to have pretty poor speakers. I was thinking of just getting a tiny, basic boombox, but I'm not sure if finding a good spot for it would end up being more of a pain than it's worth...

Any tips or recommendations?

I use an AM-FM stereo, battery-operated, clock radio upon which I listen to news. It would be too dangerous to listen to music as I might start enjoying it too much and slash myself. It's bad enough with the news..

I'm lucky in that my bedroom's well-joined acoustically to my bathroom, so I fire up my XM radio (usually either the Real Jazz or Frank's Place channels for the proper ambience) with some old computer speakers and get more than enough soft jazzy undertone that I can enjoy the music and still hear the whiskers give. :thumbup1:

-Rich

I have the luck, or not, that my apartment is only 50qm, so I can hear music in the bath easily :001_smile :001_smile

But it isn't a problem anyway, 'cause I shave most in the evening and for that I need relaxing music (Chicane, Cinematic Orchestra, Rippingtons, Kenny G., and so on)after my work day. :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

Zach, what is with cordless speakers???
I think that is a reasonable idea, isn't it???

Regards

Thomas:001_smile

I actually prefer it to be as quiet as possible so I can hear the wee hairs being cut. Gives me better feedback as to where and how I need to shave. But that's just me (and I'm not particularly experienced here).

Vic

I'm looking into getting a small stereo/cd player. On the weekends, when I shave a little later in the morning, I actually use my TV. It is right next to the bathroom door, and I tune it to the radio stations, listening predominately to Big Band Jazz or Jazz Singers and Standards.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
When I turn my audio system on, my neighbor hears it when he shaves.:biggrin:

Personally, I like to concentrate on the shave. If I crank up the volume with any recording that has significant infrasonic sound (I have some great recommendations), i'm afraid my blade would start shaking like a Fusion.:tongue_sm

ouch said:
When I turn my audio system on, my neighbor hears it when he shaves.:biggrin:

Personally, I like to concentrate on the shave. If I crank up the volume with any recording that has significant infrasonic sound (I have some great recommendations), i'm afraid my blade would start shaking like a Fusion.:tongue_sm

Be careful. That could be misconstrued as copyright infringement.:lol:

You know, after thinking about this post last night, I decided to not only do a silent shave this morning, but also to not leave the water running.

I remember my dad used to plug the drain and swill his razor in a sink full of water to clean his blade.

Well, maybe it was nostalgia or maybe it was the total sensory concentration on the act of shaving, but what a kickass shave it was today! :w00t:

Hearing the "ping" of stubborn hairs being sliced away like wheat with a scythe was satisfying enough, but the added focus of "hearing" my razor stall on a dry patch and listening to the sometimes arhythmic tugs I was using gave me an incredible appreciation for just what an amateur shaver I am. :blushing:

I've been skating along for months thinking I know how to do this right. But today, in the silence of the morning, I realized I've got to listen to what's happening under my blade as much as watching the 4-pass work I'm doing in the mirror.

I've got to tell you, it was enlightening, and I'd never have thought of it had it not been for the interest and enthusiasm for our art I get each and every day I read the posts on this site!:a22:

KUJO said:
You know, after thinking about this post last night, I decided to not only do a silent shave this morning, but also to not leave the water running.

I remember my dad used to plug the drain and swill his razor in a sink full of water to clean his blade.

Well, maybe it was nostalgia or maybe it was the total sensory concentration on the act of shaving, but what a kickass shave it was today! :w00t:

Hearing the "ping" of stubborn hairs being sliced away like wheat with a scythe was satisfying enough, but the added focus of "hearing" my razor stall on a dry patch and listening to the sometimes arhythmic tugs I was using gave me an incredible appreciation for just what an amateur shaver I am. :blushing:

I've been skating along for months thinking I know how to do this right. But today, in the silence of the morning, I realized I've got to listen to what's happening under my blade as much as watching the 4-pass work I'm doing in the mirror.

I've got to tell you, it was enlightening, and I'd never have thought of it had it not been for the interest and enthusiasm for our art I get each and every day I read the posts on this site!:a22:
Ah So Grasshoppper! On weekends I enjoy listening to the sound of a candle burning while shearing the shrub. It masks the screams of the whiskers as they fall to the steel!:wink:

Top Bottom