What's new

Musgo Soap - Lathering

I'm finally getting a consistent lather with my Musgo after two years of selective attempts. I've always loved the scent but the lather performance was inconsistent at best. For whatever reason, an aging, well soaked and fairly wet horse brush combined with prolonged loading and extensive face lathering works best. If anyone has different experiences, please share.

Glad you found the sweet spot, I like this soap as well. I lather in a scuttle but it seems to work with my usual method.

Nice and slick if you make your lather gloppy rather than fluffy.

I heard they reformulated it within the last year or so. Get great lather from the most recent formula, and that classic scent is awesome. Glad to hear you figured this soap out since it is a great scent.

I heard they reformulated it within the last year or so. Get great lather from the most recent formula, and that classic scent is awesome. Glad to hear you figured this soap out since it is a great scent.

While I always enjoyed Musgo Real creams, I had avoided their soap for long time because of poor reviews, but once I tried it I found I had no complaints about its performance.

B

The brush I use has lost so many hairs (in the middle) that it doesn't look fit to lather much of anything. Since I had been having trouble with the MR soap, I figured I wasn't going to ruin anything. To my astonishment it worked. Having mentioned this, the soap does like a heavy load with a wet brush and the proto lather needs an extensive face lather (how I do it but scuttle could also work) to whip up to a proper consistency after which the shave is delightful. My puck was bought back in '14 so I doubt it's the reformulation.

Top Bottom