What's new

Musgo Real - the real deal??

I actually just picked up 2 tubes of Oak Moss and1 lime basil yesterday at a Winners store in Canada (Marshalls/TJ Maxx chain in Canada) for $10 CND so less than $7 USD each. Used the Oak Moss this morning and it was a very nice cream. Now is it worth the premium price of about $30 CND currently on Amazon.ca, no I don't think so, but getting 3 tubes for that price I am very happy.

I actually just picked up 2 tubes of Oak Moss and1 lime basil yesterday at a Winners store in Canada (Marshalls/TJ Maxx chain in Canada) for $10 CND so less than $7 USD each. Used the Oak Moss this morning and it was a very nice cream. Now is it worth the premium price of about $30 CND currently on Amazon.ca, no I don't think so, but getting 3 tubes for that price I am very happy.
You did well there so! I guess it's like if Proraso suddenly trebled their prices tomorrow people would be thinking the same - it's good, but not worth that much! I guess that's why they've pumped so much money into a new image and website..

Found 2 tubes of Oak Moss at TJ MAXX yesterday for $4.99. I have never used this cream.

I liked it quite a bit more than Proraso for the slickness and post feel the lanolin provided. I also like the subtle scent of orange amber as well as spiced citrus and oakmoss. However I don’t think it’s worth anywhere near the current price, which is a moot point since I’ve become allergic to lanolin anyhow.

Found 2 tubes of Oak Moss at TJ MAXX yesterday for $4.99. I have never used this cream.

You're lucky! I went to 5 different Marshall's/TJ Maxx stores over the last several days. All I found were 2 tubes of Proraso green for $4.99 and a tube of Proraso white for $1.99 and they were each at a different store. I didn't buy any of them but I would have bought the Proraso white if I didn't already have a tub of it. I'm in the 2020 sabbatical so I've sworn off buying anything for the year but if I found Musgo Real at $5 a tube I'd leave the sabbatical for that. The powers that be must want me to stay in because I couldn't find any.

There were two more today for $4.99. Haven't tried this cream yet, don't know if it's any good. Judging by your post, it has to be quite good then. I will return to get them then.

I got some Musgo Real lime basil in a trade and I loved it! I definitely wanted more and wanted to explore the other scents but when I got around to actually doing it they jacked up the price! I think it's way overpriced now. I was all-in at around the $10 mark +/-.

Yes, the Musgo Real Lime-Basil was lovely, but sadly it was discontinued.

Musgo Real pricing has escaped into the upper stratosphere and for a while I doubted I would buy them again, but in the end I dd I when visiting their Porto store (where you can get - after appointment and possibly depending on how much money you spend there - a free barber shave on Saturdays).
Musgo Real products are excellent and their cream only needs to be used sparingly, which offsets some of the higher cost.

If you want less expensive alternatives; Lavanda shaving cream comes - like Musgo Real - from the Ach Brito group and costs less than half of Musgo Real, and there is (admittedly hard to find) Antiga Barbearia de Bairro, similar in style to Musgo Real, but with their own, very appealing fragrances.

B

Tried Musgo Real, didn't really see what all the hype was about. It's good, but way overpriced. Ach Brito's Lavanda is my go-to Iberian cream, when I can get it.

I tried it yesterday. Paid $4.99 and for that price is great. TJ Maxx marking says “regular price 7.99” and for that money it’s still quite good. For $24 they are asking now it’s a hard pass. You could buy two tubs of TOBS or Sterling for that money and they are better.

Another affordable alternative to consider is Barbon shaving cream from Hungary. Great product and the fragranc is often often compared to Musgo Classic on the forums.

1581802346573.png

That seems to be the general consensus! I'm going to order Black Edition and Orange Amber and revert back with a report..

Bump. Still can‘t find any decent reviews on this MR. I’ve been eyeing the black edition myself, did you end up ordering it and if so, what were your thoughts?

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I had the original and Oak Moss a while back. I recall liking the Oak Moss better; its a nice fougere scent. Original is VERY patchouli forward, and I guess I'm not that much into the hippy bath thing. But I liked the performance of both. Lanolin is awesome stuff. So Musgo is landing in TJ Maxx now (and by extension, Marshall's too hopefully)? Wow, that's cool. I'm going to have to keep my eyes peeled for that one. I stop in every so often to scour for cheap Proraso, so I guess that's another reason to go. Musgo for sure beats the designer-label crap that usually fills the shaving shelf.

Top Bottom