What's new

Musgo Real shaving cream

Thanks, Aaron. To be honest, I'm a little scared of soaps due to their drying effects. I have skin that dries out very easily, body and face wise, so I am inclined to steer clear of it. In any case, that's the reasoning behind my long list of weird questions about this brand.

Unfortunately, not having much luck searching for aftershave / fragrance reviews.

Truthfully, there is not a whole lot of difference between a shaving cream and soap. They are all just oils and fats saponified with potassium hydroxide (KOH) and sodium hydroxide (NaOH). Creams tend to us more KOH, because potassium soaps are softer, and they are not left out to air cure. Yes, soaps can be drying, but a poorly formulated cream can be too. It comes down to the specifics of what is in the soap. The Devil is in the details.

Since you are in the UK, you should look into Mitchel's Wool Fat. They make bath soaps, and other products *cough-shaving soap* with lanolin that are exceptionally moisturizing.

For some reason I lost my taste for the Musgo Classic cream. I'll still use it when I think of it but it's not a regular part of my rotation.

Coincidentally, a partially-used tube of Oak Moss showed up at my door on Friday. This thread had stoked a desire to try it again. Since I had the chance, I used it and had a lovely shave with it this morning.

Top Bottom