What's new

Musgo Real Preshave Oil

Anyone use Musgo Preshave Oil? If so, how does one properly use this stuff? For me, it leaves my hands slick and oily after application. It takes forever to wash this stuff off with soap.

I use a preshave oil. I happen to make my own, but they are all pretty much the same. There are many preshave products that improve the quality of the shave such as ProRaso preshave and Noxzema, but none compare to a preshave oil for moisturizing the skin, something my dry skin appreciates. Is preshave oil a bit difficult to work with? For sure. It is difficult to wash off and it gunks up the razor. Other preshaves are much easier to work with. Unless you are using a preshave for dry skin like I am, you might want to try one of the other products out there. Noxzema moisturizing cleansing cream is inexpensive, readily available locally and easy to work with.

Good luck

I have used a homemade preshave oil. I have also used the Proraso pre but if find the best pre-shave is to shower, wrap hot towel on face for a couple minutes then rub a Pears soap bar on my face. I massage it in and then rinse, removing most of the Pears but leaving a trace. Then lather. Very slick and cheap. Give it a try.

Last edited:
It's been years since I used Musgo pre-shave oil, but I don't recall it was any more difficult to wash off my hands than any other oil. All oils leave an oily residue on the hands, and require a good washing with soap to remove. Beyond that, there isn't much to suggest. There's no real secret as to how to use any them, Musgo included: apply to face, wash hands, lather up, proceed to shave. If you find Musgo is exceptionally difficult to wash off, try a different oil and see if you have the same problem. If you do, consider how much you really want or need to use an oil, and if it's worth the hassle.

Is preshave oil a bit difficult to work with? For sure. It is difficult to wash off and it gunks up the razor.
My experience exactly.

consider how much you really want or need to use an oil, and if it's worth the hassle.
I don't need to use an oil. I have an old bottle of Musgo PS Oil that I only used a couple of times before I put it away for good. As Rodmonster said, it is difficult to wash off and it gunks up the razor. With such a poor experience I thought I might be using it wrong, but that is not the case from seeing the posts here. I don't have dry skin, and the oil is not worth the hassle.

Thank you guys for chiming in.

Top Bottom