What's new

Musgo Real pre-shave soap

While on a recent binge on Fendrihan i picked up a bar of Musgo Real preshave soap (the sole purpose of that was to get over the $65 limit and get the free shipping). Well, I am still fairly new to the world of DE shaving and my bar of pre-shave soap arrived and I realized that I know nothing about how to use this product. I am just wondering how everyone uses this (and similar products)? Is it used mostly as a cleanser? Or is it meant to be applied and left on the beard before applying the cream/soap of the day so as to soften the beard?

Used this product before. Lather on face and keep it on face while adding your lather. IMO shave oils are better products.

Clean your face with it, rinse it off, add a shave oil or something like Proraso Pre-Post, and then continue from there.

If you shave at night and shower in the morning (which I usually do), it's a good soap for washing your entire face and preparing the whiskers for a shave.
1. Wash your entire face and neck with the soap and warm water
2. Rub the soap on the area to be shaven and lather with your hands.
3. Leave it on and build your shaving lather in a cup or bowl using a shaving soap or cream (Musgo Cream is excellent).
4. Wrap a warm/hot towel over your face and let it sit for a few minutes.
Don't rinse, just apply the shaving lather over the pre-shave soap.
If I have time, I like to repeat steps 2-4 for a nice pre-shave prep.
The Musgo Real pre-shave soap is glycerine based so it is moisturizing for your beard and your entire face but its lather alone isn't really slick enough for shaving so you need to use a shave soap or cream.
Glycerine soaps absorb water and melt away quickly so use it at the sink, not in the shower. Best of luck and welcome!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I used to wash my beard in the shower with it. It worked well until I realised that a plain bar of soap does the same... It's a good product that last long considering it's glycerin...

Top Bottom