What's new

Musgo Real Lime Basil

Man..this scent is growing on me. I am also a big fan of the Oak Moss...great performers as well. I wish all these companies would put a moratorium on new products!! My current rotation puts me at like 1-2 time use per month for each in my collection!!

Yep.I forgot to mention I like the Citrus also...nice cologne like smell...I use it if I shave at night and going out. I am fighting my desire to pick up the Lavender to complete the set....

I agree. I've got Spiced Citrus and Oak Moss.... along with a couple tubes of the original. I simply can't justify having all the flavors right now. MR creams are great performers though.

Ben

Thread bump.

Just tried this. Quality of the shaving cream is excellent. Slick, conditioning and protective without being slippery or viscous. The scent is amazing- like lime, green apples and basil. I also really enjoy the Classic Scent. The oak Moss is a good scent but my 3rd favorite. The Spiced Citrus scent was so-so and I haven't tried the lavender. Seriously... what a great shaving cream!

Musgo Real are good shaving creams, but the way they jacked up prices put me off.
I still have a few tubes, plus a small reserve, but I am not convinced that I shall stock up again.

Instead, I increasingly use Lavanda shaving soap, which has similar qualities and costs a lot less.
There is also a reasonably priced Lavanda Eau de Cologne available that is quite nice.

B.

Musgo Real are good shaving creams, but the way they jacked up prices put me off.
I still have a few tubes, plus a small reserve, but I am not convinced that I shall stock up again.

Instead, I increasingly use Lavanda shaving soap, which has similar qualities and costs a lot less.
There is also a reasonably priced Lavanda Eau de Cologne available that is quite nice.

B.
Yeah I hear you. However, I found Musgo on Ebay for under $13.00 per tube. That price puts it around the price tag of Proraso. Not bad at all.

Yeah I hear you. However, I found Musgo on Ebay for under $13.00 per tube. That price puts it around the price tag of Proraso. Not bad at all.
I’d say this is a far superior product to regular processo. The newer line could be debatable for some.

I was commenting on the Ebay pricing. ;-) I will say though that Proraso Blue tube and the newer Cypress and Vetiver pouch are excellent performers- above what people usually associate with "Proraso quality" However, being a TOBS, Castle Forbes, Cyril Salter and St. James of London fan, I have absolutely no problem with Proraso- very good product that I'm happy to have in my shaving cabinet.

I was commenting on the Ebay pricing. ;-) I will say though that Proraso Blue tube and the newer Cypress and Vetiver pouch are excellent performers- above what people usually associate with "Proraso quality" However, being a TOBS, Castle Forbes, Cyril Salter and St. James of London fan, I have absolutely no problem with Proraso- very good product that I'm happy to have in my shaving cabinet.
Yes , the blue tube and cypress is what I referred to when I said the newer line.

The blue Proraso balm wasn't to my liking though- scent was odd but the tube cream performs well and smells nice. I really like the Cypress and Vetiver scent, especially during the Winter months. What are some of your favorite shaving creams? Have you tried the Musgo Oak and Moss?

The blue Proraso balm wasn't to my liking though- scent was odd but the tube cream performs well and smells nice. I really like the Cypress and Vetiver scent, especially during the Winter months. What are some of your favorite shaving creams? Have you tried the Musgo Oak and Moss?
Yes , and I enjoyed it. For me personally I like protective and moisturizing creams and I feel the best you can get is in this order ,the truefit and hill ultimate comfort ,Baum.be creams are amazing and not really talked about much on here . Classic musgo is a favorite of mine too if you get it on eBay.

Last edited:

That’s quite reasonable and would tempt me again, even more so as in my book Proraso can’t hold a candle to Musgo Real, even if for similar money Musgo Real comes in a 100 ml tube and Proraso in a 150 ml.

The relatively low Musgo Real price could of course be because the creams may have been on the shelves for a while.
That, however, does not need to deter a buyer and, as a tip, it helps to place a shaving cream that has solidified a bit and is hard to coax out of the tube into the fridge for two days.
I found that many creams respond favorably to this and are much easier to squeeze out of the tube afterwards.
Wish I could say I invented this, but I read it, tried it, and it worked. :001_cool:

B.

Last edited:
Musgo is the best cream on the market IMHO. I didn’t love the Oakmoss scent and count myself as firmly in the camp of the Original scent.

How about the basil scent?
Is it strong or mild...
I live basil and musgo real creams that's why I am asking...

Top Bottom