What's new

Musgo Real Aftershave Balsam Review Discussion thread....

This looks like a must-have product for me. With the Milk having changed formulations recently (for the worse, apparently), this might be the ticket. Where did you buy it?

Scotto said:
This looks like a must-have product for me. With the Milk having changed formulations recently (for the worse, apparently), this might be the ticket. Where did you buy it?

I acutally bought it from a brick and mortar store here in town (they carry the full Musgo line). Barclay Crocker seem to be the least expensive source online.

If you give it a go - let us know how you like it!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Not only is Joel our preeminent reviewer, apparently he's a mind reader, as well. :a39: I've been using this balm for a while (Classic shaving has it) with great success. Yesterday, I entered this in my shave of the day post-

"SR208
Merkur 34C w/Feather
Coate's rose
Thayer's rose petal witch hazel
Musgo Real a/s balsam (why nobody seems to talk about this one is a mystery to me)
Trumper coral skin food"

The very same night we get a full review!

I better write quickly and add my addendum, before he beats me to it again. The Musgo balm works great as a one/two punch with their a/s splash. I enjoy using Proraso's dopobarba splash and crema liquida in this manner, but the Musgo Real combo is even better. At roughly $45 for the pair, it's a bit more than the Proraso combo (~$30), but far less than the tandem of Harris pink and milk, which goes for about $65. It's by far my favorite of the three.

I have Musgo Real cream but have no experience with any other Musgo scents. Does the aftershave smell like the cream?

Having a cabinet full of balms, I had to try the Musgo. On the left cheek, C&E on the right.. The Musgo just doesn't absorb as quickly or completely.. A tiny bit thicker, so I tried a comparison with T&H Classic. The T&H is thicker, but still seemed to absorb more quickly. Go figure.. I liked the Musgo's (non) fragrance that does NOT linger long enough to interfere with my cologne du jour. (If I did not put that there someone would have to ask.)

Any new thoughts on this stuff? I am putting together an order from classic, and was thinking of getting this stuff.... But there seem to be very mixed feelings about it. I am torn between Joel's love for it and Ron's blah response. Anybody else? Scotto, have you tried this yet?

I was close to purchasing it the last time I put in an order. However, I decided that it was too expensive to take a chance on.

hmm.... Likewise leaning toward too expensive to take a chance on. I think I will try the Feather Kwana, though.

moses said:
I just ordered it. Maybe I should send you a sample.... :rolleyes:

Remember.... apply it to a wet/damp face and use just a TINY little bit. If it dries and it feels "sticky" you've used way too much. A very small dab on a wet face is all that is needed. :thumbup:

joel said:
Remember.... apply it to a wet/damp face and use just a TINY little bit. If it dries and it feels "sticky" you've used way too much. A very small dab on a wet face is all that is needed. :thumbup:

Joel,

Just for clarification, are you referring to the the Feather ASB or the Musgo Real Aftershave?

And for Moses,

Just for clarification, are you referring to the the Feather ASB or the Musgo Real Aftershave?

:smile:

Top Bottom